• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SRD 3.5 PDF

It's finally here -- the SRD 3.5 pdf. The format currently available is a single pdf which contains the Basic Rules, Monsters, Feats, Skills, Prestige Classes (several new ones are in the 3.5 version), Epic Level character information--etc, etc.

As with the 3.0 version of the SRD pdf, when you purchase it, you get free perpetual updates.

I'm currently working on a new layout, having it it in four separate pdfs to make downloading and print it easier.

Crothian

First Post
The System Reference Document is pretty much the core to any d20 game. Many gaming groups I imagine are like my own and we have copies of books being handed around from person to person. This PDF has it all in one large file. Unlike many PDF’s this one is meant to be used specifically on the computer. It’s not one that’s going to be printed out and referenced that way.

The SRD 3.5 PDF has everything in it one could possible want. It has the classes and prestige classes from the core books. There are feats and monsters and spells. It has it all from the core books. It even has psionics. The PDF’s well organized. It has one of the most complete sets of bookmarks I’ve seen. This might be the ultimate tool for a DM at the gaming table. Have this up on one’s laptop and any topic is just a mouse click or two away.

There are some things to be cautioned about with this though. First off the file is huge. It’s a bit over twenty five megs. Some machines will be a little slow loading a PDF of that size. Everything is in here, which can sometimes make finding the exact thing a little slow. The PDF is well bookmarked and that will help, but I would imagine that the first few times this is used the game might be slowed a little. On the other hand there is nice potential for speeding up reference times once a person is used to using this PDF. There are 845 pages in this PDF. So, glancing through it all and just trying to skim over it might take a little while.

Overall, it’s a nice PDF. Well organized and it will make a DM’s job easier, once the DM gets used to how it is all organized. Anyone who uses a laptop or computer at the gaming table should be checking this product out, it’s pretty much designed for you in mind.

Conaill

First Post
One crucial deatil that should probably be mentioned for a product like this: The SRD is available for free in RTF format from wizards.com. And you can also find a bunch of free PDF versions at 3.5srd.com.

I assume the version by Cartography Unlimited has a lot of added value because of the extensive bookmarks. But if all you do is use the Find function in Acrobat Reader, one of the bare-bones free pdfs might be good enough for you...

Conaill

First Post
One crucial deatil that should probably be mentioned for a product like this: The SRD is available for free in RTF format from wizards.com. And you can also find a bunch of free PDF versions at 3.5srd.com.

I assume the version by Cartography Unlimited has a lot of added value because of the extensive bookmarks. But if all you do is use the Find function in Acrobat Reader, one of the bare-bones free pdfs might be good enough for you...

Remove ads