• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Print News – Cubicle 7, Legendary Games, and More

Monsters and new rules for D&D. Madness and cults for Pathfinder. A new system of Warhammer 40k. Animals and undead miniatures for Animal Adventures. All rounded out with new ships for Star Trek and the original d6 rules for Star Wars in a reprinted edition that is currently on sale.

Monsters and new rules for D&D. Madness and cults for Pathfinder. A new system of Warhammer 40k. Animals and undead miniatures for Animal Adventures. All rounded out with new ships for Star Trek and the original d6 rules for Star Wars in a reprinted edition that is currently on sale.

24 mythos monsters.jpg

Mythos Monsters 5E by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99
  • DESCRIPTION: From the dark between the stars strides over 40 eldritch abominations designed for a 5E campaign. Each beast has its own artwork and monsters include the deep ones, faceless stalkers, and the hideous hybrid blood of Yog-Sothoth. Also includes inhuman horrors like shantaks, gugs, nightgaunts, and the hounds of Tindalos and horrifying titans like bholes, primal shoggoths, and flying polyps. Boss monsters round out the collection including mi-go, elder things, and denizens of Leng, and two of the Great Old Ones themselves in dread Cthulhu and Hastur the Unspeakable. Also includes tools and templates to turn ordinary monsters into pseudonatural xenoid monstrosities, with options for epic variants.
24 the dragon's hoard 2.jpg
24 the dragon's hoard 3.jpg
The Dragon's Hoard Issue 2 | The Dragons Hoard Issue 3 by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • RETAIL PRICE: $11.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The Dragon’s Hoard is a monthly anthology of drawn from Legendary Games’ ongoing Legendary Loot Patreon. Issue 2 includes The Treasure Trove (magic items including the staff of draconic power, blizzard bottle, candle crown, and the biting blade of ten thousand blossoms), Basker’s Books (new spells like accursed monolith, gate of the faithful, shield of dawn, and wall of light), and Marvelous Monsters (monsters like the goldbug, guardian scroll, and book golem). Issue 3 includes The Treasure Trove (magic items include the cane of butterflies, winterbark barding, fluid modulation gloves, and the scepter of forgotten time), Basker’s Books (new spells like powerslave, dream alliance, form of the dragon, and subjective reality), Class Acts (new class options offer the Circle of Shapeless and Primal Terror for druids and the Knight Hospitaler for fighters), and Marvelous Monsters (the bakeneko, disenchanter, and stained glass knight).
24 treasury of the crusade.jpg

Treasury of the Crusade by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Pathfinder Second Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover monster supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $10.99
  • DESCRIPTION: 30 new magic items based on a crusade against demons and the power of the demons themselves. They range in power from simple trinkets and tokens and magical signaling devices to mighty weapons and powerful artifacts. They range from weapons and shields to bindings, books, and music boxes.
24 cults of madness.jpg
24 tome of madness.jpg

Cults of Madness | Tome of Madness by Legendary Games
  • SYSTEM: Pathfinder Second Edition
  • RETAIL PRICE: $13.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: Cults of Madness explores cults of every kind for D&D, from secret sects that live in the shadows and prey upon the weak-willed to the oldest folkways still practiced by scattered adherents, covens, and rural traditions far from the watchful eyes of modern society. This book covers ancient primitive rites as well as those and those calling out to the sanity-rending eldritch entities dwelling in realms of darkness beyond the stars. Includes five sub-class options like the Alienist warlock, Demagogue bard, and Apostate paladin, along with over two dozen new feats and spells from Heart Ripper and Sacrificial Power to cosmic communion and torch-wielding mob. Also covers horrifying new creature templates for aliens and embryonic creatures crawling out of your PCs' skin. Tome of Madness covers not only maniacal madmen and deranged villains but also haunted anti-heroes and their afflicted allies whose minds have been pushed past the breaking point. Covers mental maladies from aphasia and amnesia to phobias, tics, delusions, dyspraxia, and hysterical blindness. Includes over three dozen forms of insanity with varying severity and symptoms from lesser ailments to devastating delusions that can shatter a PC’s mind. Rules include treating madness including using magic, alchemy and occult faith healing to calm the disturbed mind.
24 warhammer.jpg
Warhammer 40K Wrath and Glory (Revised) by Cubicle 7
  • SYSTEM: Warhammer 40K Wrath and Glory
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook
  • RETAIL PRICE: $59.99
  • DESCRIPTION: PCs struggle to stop the doomsday clock from striking midnight for an entire galaxy in this magical far future dystopia. Cicatrix Maledictum, the Great Rift, has torn the galaxy apart. Time and space have bent and buckled under the warp storm's wrath. Daemons surge into realspace, sowing destruction in their wake. The Imperium of Man has lost contact with untold worlds, and stands on the brink of disaster. PCs face intrigue and adventure as well as action and carnage.
24 cats of gullet cove.jpg
24 dogs of gullet cove.jpg
24 enemies of gullet cove.jpg
24 rat king.jpg

Cats of Gullet Cove | Dogs of Gullet Cove | Enemies of Gullet Cove | Rat King of Gullet Cove by Steamforged Games
  • SYSTEM: Animal Adventures
  • PRODUCT TYPE: unpainted pre-assembled miniatures
  • RETAIL PRICE: 22.99 each/29.99 for Rat King
  • DESCRIPTION: Cats includes Eduardo, the Canny Tabby Rogue; Coral, the Thoughtful Savannah Wizard; Denira, the Ingenious Persian Warlock; McCoy, the Grizzled Norwegian Forest Cat Ranger; and Pearl, the Gentle Tortoiseshell Sorcerer. Dogs contains Luna, the Thoughtful Labrador Druid; Bartolomy, the Gloomy Basset Hound Bard; Zoe, the Unshakeable Sheepdog Cleric; Roger, the Exuberant Bull Terrier Fighter; and Reximus, the Honorable Doberman Paladin. Enemies include a Necromastiff, three Skelly Cats, and three Zombie Cats. Rat King contains Rat King & Gripe, Rataclysm, and four Wererats.
24 star trek.jpg

Star Trek Attack Wing Cardassian Union by WizKids
  • SYSTEM:Star Trek Attack Wing
  • RPG OPTIONS: Star Trek Adventures
  • PRODUCT TYPE: miniature game supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $29.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Contains two Keldon Class ships, a Galor Class, and Gul Dukat's Bird-of-Prey, all painted. Also includes cards and tokens. Pilots include Gul Evek, Gul Toran, and Gul Dukat all under the command of the Obsidian Order's Enabran Tain and weaponry includes the Enhanced Resonance Field Grid, Sensor Ghost, and Uridium Alloy. While part of a miniature game in its own right, the models could be used with Star Trek Adventures.
24 Star Wars.jpg

Star Wars RPG: 30th Anniversary Edition (Clearance) by Fantasy Flight Games
  • SYSTEM:Star Wars D6 (West End Games)
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook
  • CLEARANCE PRICE FROM MINIATURE MARKET: $45
  • DESCRIPTION: A deluxe set that contains high-quality reproductions of both Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game and The Star Wars Sourcebook, originally published by West End Games in 1987. Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game uses fast-paced rules while The Star Wars Sourcebook provides an unprecedented level of detail about the Star Wars universe.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I'm not surprised the reprint of the first edition of D6 Star Wars ended up in clearance. I expect it would have done better if it were a reprint of second/revised. 90% of everybody I know who played/plays D6 Star Wars plays with those two rather than this one.

Jeff Carpenter

Adventurer
I'm not surprised the reprint of the first edition of D6 Star Wars ended up in clearance. I expect it would have done better if it were a reprint of second/revised. 90% of everybody I know who played/plays D6 Star Wars plays with those two rather than this one.

Yea I have great memories of this game and it is awesome, but I still passed. Even at $45 its just a nostalgia buy.

Weiley31

Legend
Seeing the Cubicle 7 on here just reminded me of the 5E Adventure's in Middle-Earth Loremaster's Guide. It just came in the mail yesterday for me and I absolutely love all the various Creature Actions and Abilities that you can add to its monsters. Probably gonna GTA em and use em for DND.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
I bought the Star Wars set a while back. Still haven't played it of course. I wish they had re-released the second edition which had more specific rules.

aramis erak

Legend
1E has 2 huge flaws of note:
  1. scales: only 2 of them.
    • Those two are Characters and Starships (later labled Starfighter scale)
    • Starfighter/Tramp Freighter scale was a good choice, but it's clear from the stats that a capital ship scale was conceived but not implemented.
    • A speeder scale would have also been really useful, especially given the action in RotJ.
  2. Initiative: the idea that your success roll is your initiative is brilliant on paper, but often cumbersome at the table. a 5 on 5 fight frequently takes longer for me to run in 1E than 2E, despite 2E having an extra roll per character.
    • This also requires all actions be declared before resolution. this is a part of the slowdown
    • The every action segment (often being 2, sometimes 3 or even 4 per round) sorting is also a slowdown.
I have run it from the rerelease. I found myself going back to 2.0 for initiative and movement.

I have the originals and 2E, but never played them. I just enjoyed reading them. The last time I ran a SW game I used Mekton Zeta. Oddly enough I just read the D20 SW RPG later too, never played it... just thought about that. Apparently I have classified official SW RPGs as reading material, not gaming.

And no, I don't have the new one. Probably has something to do with my limited reading time these days :)

Remove ads

Remove ads