• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] OOC thread about the non-iconics adventure (part deux)

Thanee

First Post
reapersaurus said:
(but I actually forgot Taz used the witch's wand on the ghoul because i didn't think the ghoul's were the target - the BOSS, HELLO!?)

Not really, the target was the ghoul trying to CDG Kytess. Unfortunately Jalon and Taz could not do enough damage to drop it in time, but at least Kytess seems to have succeeded in her Fortitude save! :)

Bye
Thanee

Murhid

First Post
reapersaurus said:
I don't even know how many Pc's have a ranged weapon to do a back-up-and-shoot strategy against the (slower?) ghouls.
Most of us, if not all have ranged weapons, that's if you count Murhid's shurikens :). So the only problem with that are the two smaller folk (20ft move), how fast do these ghouls move though...
I don't know how much more of a beating us front-liners can take.
If we DO melee, we're gonna need those CLW wands to be used in the middle of battle, which doesn't bode well.
Murhid isn't really a front-liner, though has taken that role in the last and this battle, so I second that. And so long as the ghouls don't flank etc. and the healers are in the rear (assuming Murhid's plan is heard), they shouldn't incur AoO's.
Do you guys want to say anything OOC about the adventure in general?
On the topic of inactivity, sometimes this game feels like a normal RL game but the players keep getting drinks when we are in combat, LoL. But hey, that's the nature of these pbp games I spose.

And as for Murhid's plan, he doesn't really know too much, he is just frustrated and wants a little form instead of us all just standing in disarray.

Jalon Odessa

First Post
I'll begin with an apology to everyone, and especially Heavy G: this week's been my last week of university holidays, so I've been living it up for the last few days. I've spent the last five or six days away from home and without internet access, so I haven't been able to post. If I'd have known I'd be away that long I would have told you guys alot earlier.

Secondly, however, I'm really keen to continue with the game, now that I'm back at uni and my schedule has returned to normal. I should be able to post every day from now on, assuming everyone else is also available.

As for shooting the ghouls, Jalon's got a 20' move and a light crossbow with an attack bonus of +1 - I don't think he'll be too helpful with ranged combat. I think turning's a much better option, with assists from the other clerics, if possible.

I think a much better option would be to escape the dungeon and heal up, though, or to hole ourselves up in a nearby room with wands of CLW for a few rounds or so. Jalon (and everyone else in the party for that matter) is out of offensive spells, but still has alot of CLW charges, and some turning attempts left. If we just healed the HP damage, we should have enough tanking power to survive the combat (hopefully).

Hmm... So what's the concensus, people? Should we stay or should we go? I'll wait to post Jalon's action until I've heard from you guys in this thread...

reapersaurus

Explorer
OK - nice to hear some opinions.

Couple thoughts:
First, it seems like from CR's IC post, that Kytess wants to stay and fight.
Only thing missing is what "plan" she prefers.
It seems Taz is ready to put some magic-missile hurting down.
Murhid seems willing to fight, and prefers the back-up and shoot plan (so do I - it gives more damage to the ghouls, and allows us to get further back towards the exit if we have to.)
Jalon seems to want to try to turn some of them (finally! :) ) and is the only player (?) who wants to leave and heal up.
Ivellios and Sollir are no-shows.

Second:
About the continual no-showing.
I have had it.
I think FROM THEIR ACTIONS OVER MONTHS, we can forget about Dopp and Sollir joining our little game.
I'm disappointed that Dopp never did much but antagonize - it seemed like he's very capable of roleplaying a character.
I'm surprised Sollir never added much to the campaign. He roleplays and posts very often in many other PBP adventures, I never understood why he never could get into character with Sollir (his first IC, IIRC).
Them boosting the effective level of our group has made things a lot harder (and potentially deadlier) than it would have been without them.
I just wonder how and when we can make the dump of the deadwood.

Third:
So if we get Kytess' preferred strategy vote, we can plop characters in the map and ready for battle?!
(What Heavy decides to do with Ivellios and Sollir, I have no clue...) :(

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Jalon's all for sticking around too - lots of undead to smite in the name of Tyr. It's just that as a player I'm not quite so overzealous. ;)

And he's tried to turn undead a few times this adventure, with mixed results (ie - great turning checks against the ghosts, horrible ones against the ghouls with their turn resistance). I'm not sure how successful he'll be this time, but it's the most sensible approach to take, both in and out-of-character. I think he's still got four turning attempts left today, so he can attempt for at least a couple of rounds (as long as Sollir, Ivelios and Ubaar take over with healing duties for those rounds).

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar's not gonna be healing anyone in the middle of battle! :)
Ubaar's prolly the only cleric that doesn't have a "medic-on-a-stick" (CLW wand).

And I got ya, Jalon - as a player, I think we're pushing things a bit by continuing.
Especially since it's so hard to plan things with only a few people participating each round.
If we're outnumbered by much, and that ghoul boss is able to Hold us and stuff, any one of us could easily go down and killing so many ghouls hasn't helped our struggle so far. :(

But the roleplay has gotten us to this point so far: it seems that a battle may occur, and we are undecided as to how to best go about it.

Not good for the chances of getting out alive.

If you want to kick me out, that's fine, but even though I may not show up all the time, I'm still interesting in playing, perhaps just a bit too much of a procrastinator though :)

Thanee

First Post
You might just post a little more often (i.e. actively show, that your interest in this game is still there), is that so much to be asked, Sollir? :)

About the upcoming fight, Taz would probably prefer to rest, as she would be of more use with at least a shield spell up and running, but then the ghouls might escape with the fire opal. Also, the ghoul boss has already used a hold person spell, so maybe he doesn't have one left now?

If those weren't undeads, Taz would have some potent weapons available still, but alas, they will not work against these.

Healing up is a good idea, tho. We can need every hit point in this (final?) encounter, especially on the ones that will go toe to toe with the ghouls.

Bye
Thanee

drs

First Post
Excellent points Thanee.

As a player and character wise, I would like to at least try to defeat these guys. So long as they don't use great tactics, the boss is disabled, and there is no disposable dragon around the corner, I think we should be fine :). Oh and on that note, we need to get some spears or something that can be readied against a charge... [HG just ignore that last bit :p]

On inactivity:
I don't think the amount Sollir posts is the main problem. As I think has been stated before, Sollir (the character) just seems a little flat, even more so than a typical cryptic monk. So I suggest to you Sollir that you try to role-play (for some reason that word is getting frustrating) a little more, or charge the ghouls, hope they kill you, and hope HG let's you roll up a new character :D.

On Dopp, well like already said, I don't think he will be joining us any longer.

So to try and make some ground lets decide; We stay and fight the ghouls, use the back-up and shoot plan (aim at the boss if he is visible), clerics attempt at turning the ghouls, and if all else fails run to town/or some doorway we can pop Ubaar in with 2 CLW wands strapped to him :).

Yea or Nay?

Remove ads