• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Comic & Game store got broken into and burgled.

A stero shop I worked at back when I was in my twenties had been broken into several times. The owner had a pretty intimidating dog he would leave in the store once we closed (he kept the dog in a fenced in area out back). I'm not sure how much of a deterrent the dog was but I'm sure it made some think twice. It wasn't 100% effective though. A clever burglar threw a steak into the bathroom and closed the dog up. The thief was then free to take whatever they wanted. Sorry your shop was broken into, that's a bummer.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I'm very sorry to hear this. My second home on the sea was burglarized a couple of times. Even though nothing of real value was taken (since there was nothing of value to be taken), it was still a painful thing to deal with.

Last edited:

TheSword

Legend
Really sorry to hear that Fitz. It’s so unfair. I’m sure it’s a relief your business can bear it but it sucks that you have to, when you could have used that $4k somewhere else.

If be wary about spending a fortune on security. In my time I’ve seen burglars cut through ceilings, cut through stud walls with angle grinders and I’ve been burgled for a till with £120 in it. The till that was worth 5 times the cash inside it was found down the road smashed.

There’s some really good advice here. That hopefully won’t cost too much. It’s British but the same principles apply I think…

Good luck with it.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Yeah, I thought that I was handling it in stride, with a general "Stuff Happens" attitude, but if I look deeper, I'm feeling pretty violated. I had a hard time going to bed last night, wondering if my "baby" would be safe this time... I guess it will take some time to recover.
That is natural. It almost always gets better in time.

I went from sleeping with a weapon in a recliner to setting the alarm and realizing things are generally ok.

Hang in there! Things will improve in time. Hope people in your area know what happens and buy a bunch extra!

Remove ads