• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I’d heard of it, but don’t know much about it. There’s actually a fair amount of American/Canadian style football played around the world. But as I recall, most of it is at the amateur club/business level, not pro.

I used to love watching the World League of American Football before it folded after a decade or so of competition. There was a German steelworker who had played for his company team, and I think he wound up as a defensive lineman on the Frankfurt Galaxy*. If American scouts had found him before he turned 28, he might have made it to the NFL- he was freakishly strong and faster than you’d expect.

* which, BTW, was resurrected as a part of the ELF (European League of Football) in 2021
I remember the World League. They had teams in the US, Canada, Mexico and Europe. My favorite teams were Scottish Claymores and Barcelona Dragons. I liked the Seattle Sea Dragons in the XFL for the same reason; the name. LOL

Apparently colleges in Mexico have American football programs. I think it's cool they have it on the college level in other countries.

432788096_122199816020001236_5693824195919758217_n.jpg

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I found myself wondering how many opportunities I've missed out on because I don't make the first move. And I wonder if women ever make the first move. How many waited for me?

I have to blame someone else. Dang you, trappedslider for making me feel old and lonely.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Watching the video from Israel is surreal. I know it's not but it looks like a meteor shower. Can I be in awe and horrified at the same time?

I found myself wondering how many opportunities I've missed out on because I don't make the first move. And I wonder if women ever make the first move. How many waited for me?

I have to blame someone else. Dang you, trappedslider for making me feel old and lonely.
I'm old and lonely too lol
Watching the video from Israel is surreal. I know it's not but it looks like a meteor shower. Can I be in awe and horrified at the same time?
"So we are, as always, one bad bottle of tequila away from all-out war in West Asia."- West Wing

Things I've learned from the Car chase channel on plutotv: CHP's cars all have a push bar so they can do the pit maneuver. When doing a pursuit LAPD goes into tracking mode, meaning no lights or sirens and CHP is more aggressive. Also traffic sucks in LA.

Remove ads