• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Wind Walk and Grappled

Also... I tell my players that they look like Mr. Small in wind walk form. : )

View attachment 360684

That is a yeti who uses conditioner.

Wind walk should look more like a ghost or air elemental. The very first sentence of the spell uses the terms "gaseous", "wisps of cloud" and "cloud form" to describe the targets.

I mean, despite being able to move at 30mph, they are unable to so much as lift a sheet of paper, let alone hold a t-shirt aloft.

That is a yeti who uses conditioner.

Wind walk should look more like a ghost or air elemental. The very first sentence of the spell uses the terms "gaseous", "wisps of cloud" and "cloud form" to describe the targets.

I mean, despite being able to move at 30mph, they are unable to so much as lift a sheet of paper, let alone hold a t-shirt aloft.
LOL! Mr. Small is a cloud!

But it does say you're in "cloud form", so how else to interpret that?
As a DM, I tend to not infer additional game mechanics to spells or other "powers" unless they are explicit. For me, if Wind Walk was supposed to provide any additional mechanical benefits beyond what's in the spell description, it would say so.

Clint_L

Hero
If this was a real debate, and not just a joke, I think I'm going to have to go disconnect my internet and lie down for awhile...

:)
The spell doesn't specifically state that it negates the advantages of invisibility with regard to the user, so some folks have claimed that, RAW, it doesn't. I think this is basically just folks being facetious.

Remove ads