• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Movie/TV How was your theatre? Mine was full Sunday.

Dire Bare

Legend
I saw a preview screening Wednesday evening . . . it was dead! Only a handful of folks! But, it was at a new theatre that hasn't advertised its existence very well, and it was a week night . . .

I'm hoping the movie does better in my town this weekend!

Dioltach

Legend
Went to a screening last weekend in Marbella, in southern Spain, where I'm on workation.

The theatre was mostly empty: my wife and myself, a father with two small kids, a youngish guy by himself, a very glamorous couple, amd a group of four girls.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'm going tonight and it's strange: still plenty of tickets available. I was looking at seat for John Wick in comparison and it was nearly completely sold out. Interesting and surprising, actually.

Sacrosanct

Legend
I am curious to know how theaters are doing since a lot of us went last week for the Amazon screening. I wonder if the folks who went last week, and thus aren't going this week, impact opening weekend sales? There were a lot of us who went early that aren't going this weekend, so that would be a shame if it negatively affects the movie in that way.

I literally just watched it at 12:50pm, so not alot of folks in the threater, but I blame the early show time. It proved to my benifit, I needed alot of stretching and I was able to use the cup holder beside me and the seat, not just my own.

Next time I see it, its going to be at a closer threater with more comfortable seats, but I wanted the D-Box experience. Its like taking the movie and turning it into a ride, but one that doesn't trigger my fear of heights

I am curious to know how theaters are doing since a lot of us went last week for the Amazon screening. I wonder if the folks who went last week, and thus aren't going this week, impact opening weekend sales? There were a lot of us who went early that aren't going this weekend, so that would be a shame if it negatively affects the movie in that way.

This is why they are going to fold in the preview numbers into the opening weekend numbers.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads