• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D "influencers" need to actively acknowledge other games.

Oofta

Legend
Is A5e D&D? Is ToV D&D? For that matter, is 4e D&D?

Good question. Are all TTRPGs considered D&D like I call all facial tissues Kleenex? Why is it the statement to say that only things labeled or compatible with D&D (as published by WotC or TSR) controversial?

Oofta

Legend
Just to follow up, I don't get why saying a product is not D&D is in any a put down or dismissive of those products or any other reason people are up in arms about it.

Dire Bare

Legend
As long as the algorithms tell people to be obnoxious rabble-rousers, thats what ye be getting. 🤷‍♂️
Nope.

I mean, sure, the "algorithm" favors controversial and loud content. But yet there is still a great degree of quality content out there. You just have to push yourself not to rely on the algorithm.

I do fine. It's work, but not super hard work.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Funny enough i saw a new 13th age was coming out and I have never looked At it before. Only heard of it on ENWorld and now think I should see what it is about.

I am not against other games and like to hear people discuss non D&D but I come here to talk about D&D primarily.

mamba

Legend
The mention D&D most of the time because the YT algorithm essentially rewards them for it.
the algorithm does not care about D&D, what you are saying is that there is demand for D&D videos, so it is only natural that where there is a demand someone will provide the supply...

Remove ads