• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Crowdfunding News - Pericle: Labyrinth, HârnWorld, HEROIC, and more

This week’s sampling of TTRPG crowdfunding projects cover those ending between May 23 to 30.

This week’s sampling of TTRPG crowdfunding projects cover those ending between May 23 to 30. Pulled from Kickstarter and Backerkit, these are unique options such as Pericle, which uses an app GM, a new HârnWorld sourcebook, HEROIC which brings the classic Marvel Super Hero system back to the gaming table, and more.

HEROIC the Role Playing Game.png

HEROIC the Role Playing Game from ZEG Media
  • CROWDFUNDING ON: Backerkit
  • END DATE: May 29, 2024 at 2:59pm EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): “A neo-clone of the classic FASERIP system”
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 for the PDF of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? This is a superhero TTRPG that uses a d100 and color chart superhero TTRPG set in the Bronze Age of comic books. HEROIC combines a modernized neo-clone of the Marvel Super Heroes Advanced Set with the Astonishing Super Heroes RPG by Tim Bannock. Superheroes plus the old TSR system, yeah, I’m paying attention. Using creator Andrew "Bear" Collas’ Zenith Comics Universe, you’ll enter the last era of bright, fun superheroes before grim-and-gritty took their shine away. Combining that concept with one of the beloved superhero TTRPG systems, you’ll find a game that speaks to old school players. If this project interests you, check out the Backerkit campaign page to download some free comic books to get an idea of the Zenith Comics Universe and HEROIC. Who remembers and loves those original FASERIP color charts? I’m excited to see a new version at the gaming table.
Pericle- Labyrinth.png

Pericle: Labyrinth from Long Dog Games
  • END DATE: Wed, May 29 2024 12:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Pericle: Gathering Darkness
  • PROJECT TYPE: Expansion boxed set
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $185 + S/H for the Loremaster app plus the PDF and print versions of the books, maps, tokens, standees, storage binder, and more
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Pericle: Gathering Darkness gave the world a TTRPG all-in-one game that included a digital GM. With the new campaign, Long Dog Games is expanding the game with Pericle: Labyrinth, which features the Labyrinth of Porta and more content for their GM app, Loremaster. The idea is that the app sets the scene, provides combat options, and acts as the enemy AI. The game uses maps, dice, and the like as it combines board game elements with a GM app. Reading the campaign page, it seems like this is a combat-heavy approach to RPG; an adventure that rewards working within its system. While the crowdfunding campaign offers the new boxed set expansion for the Pericle game, you can also pick up the Gathering Darkness core rulebook. Is this game going to be right for your gaming table? If you’re looking for a campaign but don’t have a GM, this opens up new doors. It might be good for a forever GM that legit wants a break so they can run/play this with their table and reduce their workload. If you’re interested in letting an app run your adventures, check out the campaign page.

HârnWorld- Kingdom of Kanday.png

HârnWorld: Kingdom of Kanday from Columbia Games
  • END DATE: Thu, May 30 2024 12:12 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $49 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? The HârnWorld books are masterpieces of function, offering incredibly detailed settings. Do you need the most realized medieval fantasy world in tabletop gaming? Then you need HârnWorld. Each book details a specific region, focusing on all of its details. In each book, you’ll find maps that start at the worldview and zoom into the towns and then into the buildings and their rooms. Kingdom of Kanday deals with a recently freed feudal kingdom, one that’s seeing prosperity despite rivals and war. There is history, NPCs, and reasons for your characters to be invested in this world. With outstanding artwork and an attention to detail, every HârnWorld book is a winner, and this one is no exception.

Black Powder and Brimstone.png

Black Powder and Brimstone from Ben Tobitt and Free League Publishing
  • END DATE: Sat, May 25 2024 9:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Mörk Borg
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: SEK 520 + S/H for the PDF and hardcover versions of the book
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: Black Powder and Brimstone Quick Start is PWYW at DriveThruRPG
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Grimdark fantasy, swashbuckling, gothic horror, gunpowder, witchcraft, and Mörk Borg. Coming in at around 200 pages, this TTRPG is about adventuring when the world is sinking into chaos. Your character options don’t feel as bleak as most Mörk Borg settings since you have guns, spells, and there’s good treasure to be had. If you love dark OSR where you get to shine, this project may call out to you.

The Secret World for Savage Worlds.png

The Secret World for Savage Worlds from Star Anvil Studios
  • END DATE: Sat, May 25 2024 11:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $30 for the PDF version and a POD discount coupon for the book
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? FunCom’s MMORPG, The Secret World, has already come to 5e. With this campaign, it’ll be available for Savage Worlds. The Secret World is a blend of “urban horror, ancient conspiracies, and secret societies” through which you’ll adventure. The book is 220 pages focusing on the setting’s lore and rules adapting it to Savage Worlds including a relevant bestiary. If you’re a fan of The Secret World and Savage Worlds, this project is worth checking out.

A Tale of Two Seas- Monsters & Adventure for 5E, PF1, & PF2.png

A Tale of Two Seas: Monsters & Adventure for 5E, PF1, & PF2 from Legendary Games
  • END DATE: Thu, May 23 2024 9:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition, Pathfinder 1e and 2e
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $30 for the PDF version of all three books
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? Oceans and seas and all the monsters and adventures you’ll need. Legendary Games continues their series of sourcebooks for D&D and Pathfinder, this time taking us beneath the waves to add monsters that every coastal and seaborne campaign requires. There’s so many books on offer here, some from previous campaigns, I’m going to touch on just some of the options. Mediterranean Monsters provides 140 monsters based on the legends of the area. Boricubos: The Lost Isles gives monsters, culture, and the Shaman class. Latin American Monsters is 120 pages of what the title suggests such as the zuvembie to the anaconda. Mother of Monsters Adventure Path gives 400 pages of 5e adventure set in a fantasy Ancient Greece. If you’re interested in any of these books, there are PDF previews linked throughout the campaign page.

Atomic Age.png

Atomic Age from Darklight Interactive
  • END DATE: Thu, May 30 2024 12:20 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original d20 system
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $40 for the PDFs of the core rulebook and bestiary
  • WHY SPOTLIGHT THIS CAMPAIGN? A d20 post-apocalyptic setting with a 220-page core rulebook and a 120-page bestiary featuring 160 monsters. This is a fully realized game, one with all of the rules and options you’ll need to play in a United States where a series of horrible events have divided the regions, leaving them each under a separate power. For the engine, Pelgrane Press' 13th Age was cited as an influence, which means each class has its own mechanics. There are social interaction rules as well as vehicular combat options. If you’re interested, there’s a free preview linked on the campaign page.

Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program, Noble Knight Games’ Affiliate Program, and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG, Noble Knight Games, and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Whoa, my name is in the news!

I'm obviously biased, but I just want to say that I'm really excited for what Bear and his team are doing with Heroic. All of the stuff I dreamed of for Astonishing but didn't have the time and resources to do, they are doing, and in many cases, a bunch of other brilliant stuff that I never would have even thought of.

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
I appreciate the shout out.

As stated in a recent update, our project launch was less than stellar... plagued with problems outside of our control, and our marketing and promotion plans fell through due to external reasons. We are discussing the possibility of a relaunch, but we have two weeks to go so we'll see how things run for a bit.

Thank you for the support!

Whoa, my name is in the news!

I'm obviously biased, but I just want to say that I'm really excited for what Bear and his team are doing with Heroic. All of the stuff I dreamed of for Astonishing but didn't have the time and resources to do, they are doing, and in many cases, a bunch of other brilliant stuff that I never would have even thought of.
That's high praise! I would love to give this game a try! :)

I appreciate the shout out.

As stated in a recent update, our project launch was less than stellar... plagued with problems outside of our control, and our marketing and promotion plans fell through due to external reasons. We are discussing the possibility of a relaunch, but we have two weeks to go so we'll see how things run for a bit.

Thank you for the support!
Marketing games can be tough. I'm wishing you luck on the project!

Remove ads

Remove ads