• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New 5E Epic Books coming in 2020

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hey all!

Still messing about with the colours, image placements and font placements but the above is more or less the cover.

If anyone has any questions (other than a release date, which is soon but likely still a week or two away) feel free to post them and I'll go into details on what's inside without trying to give away too many spoilers.
Very epic cover, U_K! Can we assume that the creature on the cover is one of the monsters in the book?

Rhuarc

Explorer
Pretty kick-ass cover indeed, nicely done! Should attract some attention of people browsing potential new purchases.

Now the long wait until the writing of the book is also done :)

Pretty kick-ass cover indeed, nicely done! Should attract some attention of people browsing potential new purchases.

Hey Rharc mate! ;)

I just hope people will enjoy the book and it will inspire the occasional epic campaign.

Now the long wait until the writing of the book is also done :)

...you know me too well. That said, we are just talking in terms of just a few weeks, but I appreciate everyone's patience.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Well, a couple of weeks more shouldn't be too much to ask of us ;-)

Anyway, now that you are nearing the finish line, any more details you might share with us about the book? I know you are always rather reluctant to do so, but cannot hurt to ask.

Well, a couple of weeks more shouldn't be too much to ask of us ;-)

Howdy Rhuarc amigo! :)

Anyway, now that you are nearing the finish line, any more details you might share with us about the book? I know you are always rather reluctant to do so, but cannot hurt to ask.

Well as the name hints at (although I have changed the sub-heading 3 times) its a book for fighting big monsters...but not in the traditional sense where you poke a planet sized monster with your +3 Sword (although I have the stats for that if you need them). Each chapter details a big monster and its attendant creatures. Think in movie terms think of "Fantastic Voyage meets Armageddon...but with giant monsters".

The picture of the Giga-Flea (posted earlier) is one such creature that lives on another monster. The bulk of the Monsters are CR 16-33. However there are a few that are higher and a few that are lower than that. In the case of the lower CR monsters (especially) I have made sure they are about as tough as possible for their CR.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Thanks for that, much appreciated :)

So the 'Gods' part in the sub-heading does not actually refer to deities in the D&D term, it's just a description for these big monsters?

Thanks for that, much appreciated :)

So the 'Gods' part in the sub-heading does not actually refer to deities in the D&D term, it's just a description for these big monsters?

Well yes and no. Technically I had to split the book into two when the size of each chapter doubled. The Original sub-title was Mega Gods & Atomic Demons. The problem with that was the Atomic Demons are in the second part. Also those that are legit deities (and also Super-Big) are in part two as well.

This first book does have Mega-sized (and bigger) monsters who are worshipped as deities though, so I'm giving it a pass. Plus it also has other gods. ;)

I'll probably do a pdf/softback for each part and then combine them into a hardback. But lets get the first one finished before I worry about that.

The Mega in Mega-Gods was initially a reference to the old Mega-size rules I was working on.

Rhuarc

Explorer
Well yes and no. Technically I had to split the book into two when the size of each chapter doubled. The Original sub-title was Mega Gods & Atomic Demons. The problem with that was the Atomic Demons are in the second part. Also those that are legit deities (and also Super-Big) are in part two as well.
Well, I certainly won't complain if I get more now than originally intended. And if you get this first part done you will have restored a great deal of my waning faith in future products, so let's hope for the best :)
Also, interesting to hear that the demon book is coming next.

This first book does have Mega-sized (and bigger) monsters who are worshiped as deities though, so I'm giving it a pass. Plus it also has other gods
Mega was mountain-sized and macro-fine (or whatever came after mega) was planet-sized? Anyway, is the 'worshiped as deities' part 'just' flavor or do these creatures have actual divine templates/powers? As before, feel free to not answer any of such details if you don't want to :)

I'll probably do a pdf/softback for each part and then combine them into a hardback. But lets get the first one finished before I worry about that.
You can already sign me up for a hardback down the line if it ever gets to this point!

The Mega in Mega-Gods was initially a reference to the old Mega-size rules I was working on.
Thought as much, read a lot of your earlier ideas over the years so this was immediately recognizable to me :D

Remove ads