• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kalagni?

Yqatuba

First Post
Just curious what was that monster Kalagni (from epic bestiary 3) going to be like? Says its a "cosmic Tarrasque" and CR 1000 and that sounds interesting

Hello there Yqatuba! :)

...and welcome ENWorld! ;)

Yqatuba said:
Just curious what was that monster Kalagni (from epic bestiary 3) going to be like? Says its a "cosmic Tarrasque" and CR 1000 and that sounds interesting

The Kalagni is a little known monster from Hindu Myth. It has 1000 heads and is known as the Flame of Time. Its also something of a 'Doomsday' monster, which is sort of like an upscaling of the Tarrasque role in D&D.

I pictured it as a terrible monster that devours time and so it appears as though it has 1000 heads to us. So its individual heads would look disembodied. Possibly 'swarm-like' almost. One idea I had for a power was that you could only injure the Kalagni by actually injuring yourself while within the swarm. Although I haven't fully developed it beyond that at this juncture. I do think I'll have it statted for 4E at some point though (fingers crossed).

Kalagni

Kalagni: Spiritual Theosophical Dictionary on Kalagni

Kalagni (Sanskrit). The flame of time. A divine Being created by Siva, a monster with 1,000 heads. A title of Siva meaning "the fire of fate".

Kalagni: Spiritual - Theosophy Dictionary on Kalagni

Kalagni (Sanskrit) (from kala time + agni fire, flame)

The flame of time, with reference to time's ineluctable consuming or regeneration of manifested beings and things. A name of the god Hari, as the destroyer or regenerator of all things.

Remove ads