Voidrunner Introducing the Voidrunner’s Codex!

The Voidrunner’s Codex is a set of three sci-fi rulebooks for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition.

The Voidrunner’s Codex is coming this year. It’s a set of three sci-fi rulebooks for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition: the Voidrunner’s Codex itself, the Star Captain’s Manual, and an adventure called Escape from Death Planet. Over the coming weeks we’ll be talking a lot about these books, but in the meantime, here’s a glimpse at an early draft of the introduction chapter of the Voidrunner’s Codex.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.54.12.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.58.33.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.58.55.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.00.32.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.01.02.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.03.03.png

I wonder if there will be detailed ship combat rules. If my poor memory serves, ENWorld Publishing did a sci-fi segment of W.O.I.N. that was reminiscent of the amazing FASA Starship Combat Simulator.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
I actually wasn't very interested in this book because I don't run much sci-fi, but the last page covering "what about science-fantasy" and "how much tech do you want with that" got me interested. I inject science fantasy into my DnD games with some regularity, so this would all be lovely stuff to source from!

Was there a lot more playtesting on this book as compared to the Planestrider's Journal? I'm just wondering if the Kickstarter release PDFs are going to be in a similar state as PSJ's, where there were some design issues that needed to be addressed once the community pointed them out.
I don't mind proofreading stuff like misspells etc. but if things are clearly wonky and we can't properly use certain archetypes/feats/etc without house-ruling... it's a bit difficult to make use of the material in that state.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads