• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dallas, TX: Game Chest gone from Valley View Mall

pawsplay

Hero
Valley View Mall is suddenly looking very empty. Game Chest is gone, with little warning. Does anyone have more information than that?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was afraid of this- the last time I went in there, they looked half empty.

Still, it's possible they just moved. If I can find their phone #, I'll give it a call, just in case.

Twowolves

Explorer
I haven't lived in D/FW for over 8 years and I know that sucks.

But that mall kinda sucked even back then. I can't imagine going in there now.

Last time I was in town (4 years ago) I was sad to see the Lone Star Comics location just south of there no longer in that strip mall. That place rocked pretty good back in 2000-2001.

BriarMonkey

First Post
My condolences for your (collective) loss.

Loosing a good game store is like loosing a good friend, and these days it seems just as difficult to replace.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Last time I was in town (4 years ago) I was sad to see the Lone Star Comics location just south of there no longer in that strip mall. That place rocked pretty good back in 2000-2001.

We also lost the Lone Star location in Irving a few years ago over a rent increase dispute. However, AFAIK, the Lone Star chain is still doing just fine.

pawsplay

Hero
I haven't lived in D/FW for over 8 years and I know that sucks.

But that mall kinda sucked even back then. I can't imagine going in there now.

Lone Star Comics is alive and well in Mesquite. They carry a good games selection, have table space, and so forth.

Remove ads