D&D 5E Chris Perkins Lays Down Some Lore: Who Was Vecna?

Weiley31

Legend
The art suggests his relationship with Kas was romantic in nature, which will ruffle some feathers!

Maybe the legendary Sword of Kas isn't what we have been picturing all these years?

Huh. I didn’t get that impression from the art myself. Now that you mention it, I can see it, but I could also see them being close friends. Kinda hope it is romantic though!
Well isn't that how all the greatest stories of people and their greatest arch enemies go? A tale as old as time!

Start out as best friends, level-up to lovers, and finally end up becoming each others most hated foe that you can't stand to see happy or existing in the same room.

You know, just like Marriage!

Everybody in the audience starts booing * THANK YOU THANK YOU IM HERE ALL WEEK FOLKS! Gets forced off stage by security

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The art suggests his relationship with Kas was romantic in nature, which will ruffle some feathers!
Huh. I didn’t get that impression from the art myself. Now that you mention it, I can see it, but I could also see them being close friends. Kinda hope it is romantic though!
They could go either way, or leave it ambiguous: any sort of development of Vecna beyond "He is, like, super mean...I mean, just the worst" is automatically interesting.

werecorpse

Adventurer
I prefer Vecna as Suel/Suloise. It fits his portrayed personality better, imo.
I liked that he was Flannae - mixed it up a bit. Not every Suel is the same and not every powerful bad wizard had to come from the Suloise tradition. The Suel have got plenty of powerful history and bad guy types in Greyhawk. They have the invoked devastation, the Maure family and the Scarlet Bros.
Though I’m not sure how far back the Vecna as Flannae started.

Remove ads