• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

4e stats for Thrin?

S'mon

Legend
I'm scheduling the campaign so I'll be running 4e in the summer when you're over, yup. :)
PCs will likely be around 6th-7th level by then.

S'mon

Legend
Here's a draft Blade of Thrin, created with the Monster Builder:

Blade of Thrin, Human Paladin Level 6 Elite Soldier
Medium natural humanoid XP 500
Initiative +5 Senses Perception +4
HP 136; Bloodied 68
AC 20; Fortitude 19; Reflex 17; Will 19
Saving Throws +2
Speed 5
Action Points 1

C Divine Challenge (minor; at-will) • Divine, Radiant
Close burst 5; targets one creature; the target is marked until the Blade uses this power against another target. If the target makes an attack that doesn’t include him as a target, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and 6 radiant damage.; 6

Divine Strength (minor; encounter) • Divine
The Blade applies his Strength bonus (+4) as extra damage on his next attack this turn.

Thrin's Rebuke (immediate reaction)
When the Blade is hit by a melee attack, he makes a basic attack.

Second Wind (standard; encounter) • Healing
The Blade spends a healing surge and regains 34 hit points. He gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the start of his next turn.

m Longsword Attack (standard; at-will) • Weapon
+13 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage (2d8+13 on a critical hit)

M Twin Strike (standard; at-will)
The Blade makes two longsword attacks as a Standard action; +13 vs AC; x2; 1d8 + 5 (2d8+13 on a critical hit)

Alignment Lawful Good Languages Common, Supernal
Str 18 (+7) Dex 13 (+4) Wis 12 (+4)
Con 12 (+4) Int 12 (+4) Cha 17 (+6)

© 2009 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. This monster statistics block has been generated using the D&D Adventure Tools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Simon,

just to let you know I edited your previous post to make it a bit more legible...I do have that power. :lol:

Not sure what I think of it at this point...I'll mull it over. Looks decent enough.

S'mon

Legend
Hi Simon,

just to let you know I edited your previous post to make it a bit more legible...I do have that power. :lol:

Not sure what I think of it at this point...I'll mull it over. Looks decent enough.

The basic attack does not much damage, OTOH he should be putting out a lot of them, with twin strike as standard plus a free one whenever he's hit. I adapted a Paladin in the monster builder, replacing several abilities with the Thrin-flavoured twin longsword attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads