• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
"Dude, isn't that exactly the same character that was literally just killed last session?"
"No it's not - it's completely different! This one's an elven archery ranger named Therevinthyus who spells his name with a Y!"

I once named my character "Bob, the __", copied the character sheet about fifteen times, and just wrote a new number in the space when he got killed and I had to start over... I later memorialized the character in 5th edition by naming a character "Bob, the 27th". He's adventuring to find out what happened to Bobs the 16th-the 26th...
An TTRPG trope captured wonderfully in The Gamers: Dorkness Rising, by Zombie Orpheus Entertainment.

EDIT: ninja'd by @Ryujin

and in Viva La Dirt League D&D Logic with Falgrim the Great, and his identical twin brother Targin the Great, and on throughout the first season.

Ryujin

Legend
An TTRPG trope captured wonderfully in The Gamers: Dorkness Rising, by Zombie Orpheus Entertainment.

EDIT: ninja'd by @Ryujin

and in Viva La Dirt League D&D Logic with Falgrim the Great, and his identical twin brother Targin the Great, and on throughout the first season.

The GIF that I didn't post was from when Flynn the Fine is being carried off by the zombies in that scene, in Dorkness Rising, because of the language in it ;)

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
One of the joys of rereading really old gaming products is occasionally coming across a hidden gem from game designers, writing in to other companies. From The Space Gamer #56, October 1982.
----------------------------------------
This letter is a rebuttal to the "Murphy's Rules" presented in issue 53 of The Space Gamer.

At Hero Games, we carefully research all aspects of the rules that we write. In order to provide proper background material for the section on "Falling" in the Champions rules, we threw, pushed, or defenestrated our playtesters from tall buildings. With a test sample of 43 people, we found that 28 of them were able to walk away from a three-story fall onto concrete (though some of them did need some coaxing).

Once the playtesters recovered, we tested the effects of a ten-story plummet. This second test was more difficult to organize, as some of the playtesters evinced some reticence to this aspect of playtesting. However, with some persuasion, we conducted the second test, this time with only 37 people (some of the other playtesters were still in intensive care). We found that 17 people survived the fall, which we felt was pretty good, considering how damaged some of them were.

Thus, it is clear that the "Murphy's Rules" was incorrectly lampooning a good rule, and I hope that a suitable retraction is published.

Hero Games
Belmont, CA

Last edited:

Remove ads