• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Flag Tales of the Valiant is out (in PDF)! What do people think?

Why? I mean do what you want, but I've been using Luck for awhile now and it's a lot more interesting for players and I as DM don't have to keep track of when to give it out.
Some people have an inherent bias towards 5E that, while maybe sometimes true at their tables, is often pretended to be objective reality, such as 5E is too easy for players. I tend to find these people opt out of using mechanics without trying them because they assume an absolute understanding of something they blatantly do not understand absolutely (a claim that few could ever earnestly make, if any).

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Are you looking for PCs to fail more often, or just the illusion of greater difficulty?
Im looking for fairness and whim of the dice. Plus 5E already gives the players much better the average chances to do the things they are skilled at.

Inspiration just makes an alr say easy game easier. You can tell it’s just to make things raise because the monsters don’t have it

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Im looking for fairness and whim of the dice. Plus 5E already gives the players much better the average chances to do the things they are skilled at.

Inspiration just makes an alr say easy game easier. You can tell it’s just to make things raise because the monsters don’t have it
Metacurrency like Inspiration or Luck isn't really pointed at making things easier, it is pointed at giving the players some control over the outcome.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter

I'd rather have Legendary Actions than Inspiration, personally. ^-^

fantasygamer

Villager
Regarding your issues with Legendary Resistance and the Hardy trait, how would you prefer to handle the issue of PCs knocking out big monsters before they have a chance to do their cool stuff (either by condition lock-down or massive damage)?
I am planning to offer monster advantage on saves so it's not automatic. Just reflects are hardy creature of legendary proportions. can have a round limit as desired but players won't feel so defeated knowing they have to "waste" save type attacks.

Remove ads