• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

d100-based WH40K: Imperium Maledictum Announced

Cubicle 7 has announced a new Warhammer 40K game called Imperium Maledictum. The game will use a d100 system, and players will take on the roles of Imperium citizens in a game focused on intrigue and investigation. Cubicle 7 is excited to announce a new Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying game! Imperium Maledictum is the spiritual successor to the beloved series of roleplaying games started by...

Cubicle 7 has announced a new Warhammer 40K game called Imperium Maledictum. The game will use a d100 system, and players will take on the roles of Imperium citizens in a game focused on intrigue and investigation.

Imperium-Maledictum_Key-Art-02-scaled.jpg

Cubicle 7 is excited to announce a new Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying game! Imperium Maledictum is the spiritual successor to the beloved series of roleplaying games started by Black Industries over ten years ago. Imperium Maledictum is a d100 based system for roleplaying in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, and builds on previous Warhammer 40,000 d100 roleplaying games, as well as Cubicle 7’s own award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition.

Players take on the roles of citizens of the Imperium in service to a powerful patron, with games focused on investigation and intrigue. The Imperium is a deadly place, and the players must tread carefully if they hope to survive. Your service to your patron allows you to move through Imperial society where others can’t. The Influence you and your patron have with the many factions of the Imperium will determine how your investigations proceed, where you can go, and what resources you have access to.

Imperium Maledictum takes place in the Macharian Sector, named for Lord Solar Macharius, and will allow players and GMs to explore the sector as never before. The Imperium Maledictum core rulebook gives players and GMs everything they need to begin playing, including a guide to the Macharian Sector, patrons to serve, and enemies to face. Future books will focus on specific factions, allowing players to take on the roles of agents in service to a powerful Inquisitor, or perhaps as dedicated servants of the Ecclesiarchy.

We are hard at work on Imperium Maledictum and will be sharing more news and details in the coming months, so be sure to keep an eye on our website, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so you don’t miss out! You can also check out our currently available action-focused Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying game Wrath & Glory and it’s recently announced packed release schedule.

darjr

I crit!
Oh! It’s based in the other d100 systems from Black Library, sort of? Cool. And you play citizens?! Uh. Cool.

Imperium Maledictum is the spiritual successor to the beloved series of roleplaying games started by Black Industries over ten years ago. Imperium Maledictum is a d100 based system for roleplaying in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium, and builds on previous Warhammer 40,000 d100 roleplaying games, as well as Cubicle 7’s own award-winning Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 4th Edition.

Players take on the roles of citizens of the Imperium in service to a powerful patron, with games focused on investigation and intrigue. The Imperium is a deadly place, and the players must tread carefully if they hope to survive. Your service to your patron allows you to move through Imperial society where others can’t. The Influence you and your patron have with the many factions of the Imperium will determine how your investigations proceed, where you can go, and what resources you have access to.

The "old" FFG Star Wars games were indeed d100-based (if I remember correctly, the system was derived from the Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2e). The newer Wrath&Glory and Age of Sigmar games use a d6 pool system. I assume, this game will be derived from WFRP 4 mechanically.

Crusadius

Adventurer
If I recall correctly, just as Dark Heresy was released, Black Industries announced they were ending publishing roleplaying games. This meant an end to Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd Edition and the very anticipated line of WH40K line of role playing games that was supposed to start with Dark Heresy. At the time only the core book and the Inquisitor's Handbook had been released. A dark day indeed for Warhammer role playing games...

... and a month later Games Workshop announced that all Warhammer role playing game properties were being transferred to Fantasy Flight Games who would continue to publish Dark Heresy. The system used by Dark Heresy was a d100 system based on Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay's d100 system, but at that time I was disappointed the career system was not like that of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

So this is an interesting development. A WH4K role playing game is being developed to use a d100 system. The d6 system used by Wrath & Glory is interesting, but I do love my Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. This might be a must-buy for me, and I hope the career system used by this new game doesn't disappoint.

MGibster

Legend
I might have been interested, but not if the game is anything like Warhammer Fantasy or Fantasy Flights rules for their 40k RPG. I have their Rogue Trader, and my players and I thought the rules were so bad we quit mid-campaign. I think 40k is a great setting you can do a lot of with, but I just haven't been happy with any of the RPGs yet.

ngenius

Adventurer
Excuse my pedantry, I am proud to be an owner of the original Black Industries' Dark Heresy role playing game books, including the super rare black artificial leather edition. that was all black with just the Inquisitorial "I" embossed in golden outline, and the book also had gold leaf edges all round pages.

The following properties were published by Black Industries:

1a. Dark Heresy Core Rulebook Limited Edition (only 200 and sold out almost immediately).
1b. Dark Heresy Core Rulebook (hard cover)

2. Inquisitors Handbook (soft cover sourcebook)
3. Purge the Unclean (soft cover adventure)
4. Game Master's Kit (including softcover adventure "Maggots in the meat")

5. Shattered Hope (softcover small digest size adventure) free gift at convention

Remove ads

Remove ads