• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random Encounter Generators

Angelsboi

First Post
that might be. But i happen to have: Minions, Mythic races, MM, CC I, CC II and various Dragons. Id like to make my own. There was one on the net you could customize but didnt print stat blocks. I dont want stat blocks, i just wanna be able to make my own generator for my own world or find that one that is already made.

Twin Rose

First Post
I don't support all the supplement books, but entering in new monsters into the database isn't too hard.

Then, with the full version of CS anyway, you can tell it to generate a table for you .. It'll search the database, assign 'weights' to the creatures based on factors such as it's type, and the EL of the table, then spit out an entire table.

Of course, they don't always balance out to d100 tables, but it comes down to what you want it for. If you are only generating encounters during prep - that's perfectly fine.

gariig

First Post
Just to let you know, technically all you will find out there are the SRD(MM) monsters. Everything else is IP and can't be given out by third party people unless they are allowed. Thus, Chris won't have CC1 and cC2 unless SSS gives him permission.

Thuhs, you will be entering all of the monsters from your extra books.

Gariig

Angelsboi

First Post
actually ... CC, CC II and R&R do have product Identity BUT you can use their monsters and spells aslong as you mention them

DMFTodd

DM's Familiar
CC, CC II and R&R do have product Identity BUT you can use their monsters and spells aslong as you mention them

Don't know what you're basing that on. My copy of Creature Collection clearly says that "All other contents of this book, including the names....are copyrighted".

So no third party product can even mention their names without express written permission. They are not part of the Open Gaming License.

If your quote is valid and you can point me to something official that says that, please let me know. I'd love to include their info in my product, DM's Familiar.

MythosaAkira

Explorer
DMFTodd said:
TableSmith - www.mythosa.net

Tablesmith lets you make all sorts of random tables. Don't know if they have one with all of the SRD monsters or not but you can make it yourself pretty easily.

I don't know of anything like that currently available, but a member of the TableSmith list is embarking on a project to do just that. If anyone's interested in participating, his address is barg@tuathnasgiath.com.

Remove ads