• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lesson learned...change is bad

Quickbeam

Explorer
OK, I got the message. I created an unnecessary array of trouble (for myself and others) by changing my username after the Boards moved. I'm back to Quickbeam. Period.

All you trollmongers, pranksters, and mischievious little devils can settle in for another round of fun now :) .

Holy Bovine

First Post
Damn - I wanted to suggest you could have gone for

"Not Quickbeam"
"Ex-Quickbeam"
"Quickbeamed"
"The Poster Formerly Known As Quickbeam"

:D

Anyway - Welcome back and Quickbeam is still a cool name!

Quickbeam

Explorer
You mean names...unfortunately

Numion said:
And what was your name inbetween?

For the first full day the new Boards were up, it was Scorch. I chose the new username because of an entertaining incident involving one of my PC's...and because I recommended one of my friends take a blowtorch to his dice, which habitually roll crappy numbers at the worst possible moments. Anyway, morrus emailed me and said that 'Scorch' was previously held by a user from the old Boards, and I might want to switch to avoid confusion.

I chose Pennywise (the evil clown from IT) since I had a wicked clown logo to use for an avatar. Then someone (a clever, mischievious someone) contacted me claiming they already possessed a similar username. I threw my hands in the air and decided to make a complete 360 back to Quickbeam.

Thus, change is bad -- or at least unnecessary and difficult when so many people already know me as Quickbeam :) . BTW, very cool Ring of Power avatar!!

Old One, A2Z:
Thank you very much. I think I've grown as a person :D .

Holy Bovine:
Don't think the idea never crossed my mind... ;)

Wolf72

Explorer
you can choose any name you want ... as long as it's not one of these (lists 7,000+ names ) :)

kudos to you!

I think one of the mod's reccomended that if you want to change your name to wait about 2 weeks ... so everyone can get reset.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Wolf72 said:
you can choose any name you want ... as long as it's not one of these (lists 7,000+ names ) :)

kudos to you!

I think one of the mod's reccomended that if you want to change your name to wait about 2 weeks ... so everyone can get reset.

Stupid me...I missed that recommendation :) . Good advice , though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads