• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Against the Giants PBP Group 2

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Gimlak hovers forward to stab the mind of the young giant and attempts to move it with his mind.

He then moves back with his body closer to the roof. He didn’t like almost being hit by the giant’s javelin.

OOC: move: fly to ar22

Action: cast mind sliver on yo2, int save 17 or 5 psychic damage and -3 to next save.
Bonus action: shove (pull) so there is an upwards component, hoping for extra damage; str save dc 16 at -3 bc of mind sliver

Move ay17 with flat body close to the roof for extra cover

Donnell
Race: Human
HP: 36/36
AC: 17/19 w shield
Pass Perc: 14
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 18
Initiative: +2
Action Surge: 0/1
Second Wind 1/1
arrows: 17

The elevated position was ideal and this skirmish tactic was working well and Donnell saw no reason, yet, to draw out his shield. His only regret was not having a bow with a stronger pull. Nonetheless, the short bow allowed him to retreat quickly behind cover and crouch.

He, once again, stood up from cover, moved along the peak, and fired an arrow . He could feel the magic of the Skyfather guiding his arrow towards the giant. Once it struck true, he scrambled across the roof to another place to hide.

OOC:
Move and hide?

Attacking with advantage under the assumption that 17 beats giant's Passive Perception
Attack with Bless and damage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5+1D4 = [9, 15]+5+[1] = 21
2D6 = [1, 3]+2 = 6
(the damage dice don't really like me much)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
All the killin' had roused the spirits trapped deep within Doc, and he was seized with their passions, their memories ... and consumed with that dread feeling of fear that they all had, trapped at the moment of death. It had been a lonesome while since the Sheriff had demanded his due by collecting them, and Doc wasn't quite familiar with this sort of reckonin' risin' up on him, and lacked the spirt, or strong 'nuff spirits, to quell 'em

Caught up in the pain, he heard the sounds of battle around him as he was stumblin' round and snapped out of it, apprisin' hisself of the situation unfoldin'. He quickly took a position providing a little respite and focused the ire of his trapped spirits on an ugly ol' rustler, snapping off two quick shots. One of the uneasy souls wrestles free from Doc and screams along with the first bullet, inflicting the pain of death that Doc feels on the little doggie nearby, and liftin', just a little bit, Doc's burden.

OOC:
First, apologies to @Steve Gorak @Kobold Stew @Tonguez @FitzTheRuke ... and welcome @TaranTheWanderer !!!
I have been on a hiatus (and messaged Fitz) but I will be checking in regularly here. I actually had a draft ready to go yesterday, but y'all beat me to it and advanced the round.

Doc moves to BB/30. (is that partial cover? not sure)
Hex on Armed HG.
Doc fires at Armed HG.

First shot: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24

Shot + Sneak + Hex: 1D10+5 = [1]+5 = 6
3D6 = [3, 4, 2] = 9
1D6 = [6] = 6

Piercer Reroll: 1D10+5 = [6]+5 = 11

First shot = 26 damage to HG. (Sneak from ally).

Wail: 1D6 = [6] = 6

6 necrotic to dire wolf 2.

Second Shot: 1D20+9 = [13]+9 = 22

Second Shot Damage: 1D10+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D6 = [1] = 1

11 damage to HG

Remove ads