• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

hexmapper help?

ironwolfe

First Post
I'm having a problem with hexmapper (from AKS).

it extracts fine, the hexes extract to a "hexes" directory, but when I go to run it, I get a message about being meant to run in a 24bit environment and then all the hexes in the pallette are blank.

My pc is set for true colour and has never had a problem running 24bit apps before.

any ideas?

ps. the hexlist file is there as well, so it doesn't appear to be that, though if someone could post up the first few lines of the hexlist, I'd be able to check if it is a format problem.

thanks.

JamisBuck

First Post
You might want to try changing your display to 24-bit, just once, to see if that fixes it. If it does, then there must be some pretty heavy dependency on 24-bit displays in the program. If it doesn't fix it, then you know it is something else that is causing the problem.

Good luck!

ironwolfe

First Post
thanks

I got it sorted.

after installing coreldraw, for some reason my *.bmp files were incorrectly associated. I only realised when I changed the colour settings and opened one of the hexes the lazy way (dbl click).

all's nice and happy now.

must say, I like that program, and the additional hexes from a thread here are very nicely done.

anyone got a volcano or other mountainous type tiles lying around?

Remove ads