• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Convince me that the Ranger is a necessary Class.

ezo

I cast invisibility
:( Sorry I thought it was cute and funny. I meant no harm.
I didn't think you meant to since normally you are not like that, but it came off a bit abrupt. Thanks.

EDIT: Just to possibly help avoid potential issues, if it was presented this way:

Weak response. ;)

I would have better understood your intent was "weak" as in "not strong", get it!? :D

Last edited:

Horwath

Legend
Dump CON ...
are all your rangers suicidal?
and intelligence. Pick up Wisdom and Charisma. That is what I generally like in a Ranger.
That works, it worked better in 3.5 when you would actually get a lot more from 14 vs 6 Int on a ranger(more skills) and spells were horrible part of the class and you tried to find and decent ACF to replace them.

Sure in 5E you can use only non-attack and non-DC spells and it works great, but wis saves are still stronger than int save, later books did make more int save based spells and that is a good thing(better would be a return to 3 saves only, but that is another topic).

Ranger should be ultra-MAD and just make use of every ability score. Intelligence Rangers use traps; Charismatic Rangers employ the help of beasts and spirits; Wise Rangers have all kinds of tricks and versatile spells; Con makes them hardy against poisons, diseases, and environmental hazards; dex to shoot people and be sneaky; strength to hit people and overcome big ol' obstacles.

Ranger starts the game with 20 in every stat of course.

Remove ads