• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS 4th edition Shaalguenyaver

Cheeslord

First Post
Hi everyone;

We are in the Trial of Echoed souls and the party are duking it out with Rhuarc. Since his scimitar seems to be a vital plot item, should it have some stats (especially since it has at least 2 souls important to the campaign, and can apparently summon tahrgedies)?

I searched the forum and found where rangerwickett posted some 3rd ed. stats but someone else asked about the 4th ed. stats and got no reply. If there is a 4th ed. version please let me know (otherwise I will convert the 3rd ed. version but may not end up giving it the right amount of power creep...)

Thanks,

Mark.

I didn't work on the 4e conversion. But if I can estimate, the party should be around, what, 17th level when they get there? So it'd be a +4 scimitar. I'd have it grant immunity to necrotic damage, and give the wielder a 1/encounter no action save with a +4 bonus against any effect that slows, immobilizes, or weakens (immunity is a pretty big deal in 4e, and that's as close as I can get to the 3e immunity to energy drain). Additionally, insubstantial creatures within 4 squares take a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and defenses, and the weapon deals full damage to them, instead of half.

I think that's appropriately powerful, and will end up quite useful against trillith for any PC who uses heavy blades. Bump it up to +5 if you want to make it extra strong, since it does, y'know, eat your soul.

Cheeslord

First Post
Well... if you can get your soul out of the gem again (seems like you can) it might actually protect you from other effects that try to steal your soul on death... anyway, those ideas seem good;- thanks for your help. Because of Rhuarc's background, I was thinking of it being unwieldable to Paladins, though the Paladin in the party might think he is being victimised...
The party are 18th, and ready to level to 19th as soon as they take an extended rest ... which they may find challenging to do until they have finished off Rhuarc...

Thanks,

Mark.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads