• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yet another BIG secret book from Monte Cook

Henry

Autoexreginated
Psionicist said:

ROFLOL :)

That reminds me, I have to buy If Thoughts Could Kill soon. Any reviews out?

I've already bought it, and I will give you a mini-review right here on the spot!

If you love 3E Psionics, get it. The Adventure inside is epic. EPIC, in the Epic sense of the word. In "Vecna Lives" epic sense. In "The Apocalypse stone" Epic. You can change the nature of your campaign world forever with this one.

The new rules section is great if you are one of those who feel that psionics are a little underpowered in damage-dealing in a moderate-to-high-magic campaign. It beefs up psionicists, not hugely, but slightly enough to where they can compete with at least clerical magics on straight-out combat.

It's worth it - every darned thing Monte's released under Malhavoc Press logo is good.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Frostmarrow said:
...It has to be a world. What's the name of his world, again?

Ptolus. It's a campaign world he has spoken of numerous times. His last group was running around in the campaign's pre-history, and some of the players even founded their own godhoods.

That's a great idea, Frostmarrow. It may well be that Monte's preparing a campaign setting.

reutbing0 - I love your attitude! The man hasn't even set pen to paper yet, and you're ready to pre-order! :)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Frostmarrow said:
I don't think you can write 320 pages worth of insects. (At least not in this context). He has already covered wizards and clerics to great extent and he has made the biggest adventure module there is. It has to be a world. What's the name of his world, again?

You've said it, he has already done wizard and clerics. What's the next? Insects, of course. I still vote for "To bee or not to bee"...
:D

kenjib

First Post
If it's "like nothing you've seen before," then I doubt that it's just a campaign setting. My guess is a new genre of d20 game that hasn't been done before - maybe even in all RPGs, not just d20. I have no idea what kind of genre would sell well that hasn't already been done (or is already in the works) though.

So much stuff has already been done that I find the "like nothing you've seen before" really enigmatic, unless it's just hyperbole.

EDIT: Maybe it's an all-insect (including the players) campaign world. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads