Wizard Spell Memorization.

Which is what I said minus the full round action. Sounds good to me.

AGGEMAM said:

I saw a quite balanced feat in the House Rules, that let you do what you want, which is essentially to cast spontaneously metamagick spells.

IIRC, these were the main points:

1) You sacrifice the spell in question and a spell of the effective spell level of the metamagicked spell.
2) It's a full-round action.

Voadam

Legend
I believe by the rules a wizard without a spellbook or special feats is basicly a commoner who can use spell completion items. This always rankled me that a spellbook is not just an aid but a requirement for wizard spells. Your proposal sounds like a fine house rule or even one allowing preparation with a tough spellcraft check (spellbooks give enough bonus to make it autosuccess).

Zhure

First Post
I know it's sort of irrelevant to the core of the question, but Teleport hasn't any somatic components.

Greg

Henry

Autoexreginated
DocM probably meant Silent Teleport.

I'm a little iffy about this, since it means that (1) you are devaluing the spontaneity and lack of prep time of sorcerers, and (2) It is also devaluing the use of the Spell mastery feat. If you have no sorcerers nor any users of spell mastery, then no harm no foul, but if you do it, I would advise also letting any sorcerers in your campaign give up two known spells for 24 hours in order to temporarily "know" a spell they don't normally have - the suggested feat essentially does the same thing.

Remove ads