• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E What do you think of Paizo's Boards?

What is your opinion of Paizo's Boards?

• My experience is only Positive

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • My experience is mostly Positive

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I have mixed experiences.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • My experience is mostly Negative

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • My experience is only Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have heard only Positive things about it

• I have heard mostly Positive things about it

• I have heard mixed things about it

• I have heard mostly Negative things about it

• I have heard only Negative things about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Yesterday, a poster came onto the Paizo's 4E Messageboards and basicly said that Paizo's Messageboards have the worst reputation on the web. A few agreed their 4E boards are not overly pro-4E, but the vast majority (on both sides of the 4E debate) defended the boards and said that even if people that are not gushingly pro-4E are more previlent there, we do have a quality exchange of ideas and boths sides acknowledged that the other make excellent points.

The one that made the original post made no other comments before or since. Some (myself included) suspect something underhanded is taking place (for more reasons then I stated here). I'm not asking this to be a debate about is underhanded marketting going on, but I am asking for your opinion of the Paizo 4E boards. The poll will not have your names next to it so no one will know what you think. If you wish to comment or state your opinion publickly, I encourage you to do so, but do not feel obligated.

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Paizo. I am however a customer of theirs and I enjoy their products quite a bit. My goal is simple: I want to know what others think of Paizo's boards. I've been on RPG.net for years and on ENWorld for a while as well. I have never heard anything negative about Paizo's boards.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
They've had their own share of craziness since the 4E announcement, just like (I would suppose) every other gaming board connected heavily with D&D. It's probably somewhat worse over there because they are a publisher, they formerly published Dungeon and Dragon, and because they still have not given a definate 'yes' to 4E support. I'm sure once 4E is out and they have made a decision one way or another, that things will calm way down.

So, they attract the anti-4E crowd and everyone disgruntled about the cancellation of Dragon and a whole host of WoTC-bashers. And they don't seem to go to the same lengths some of our mods go to in stomping them out. I don't imagine they really have the time, after doing their jobs.

I certainly would not say their boards have 'the worst reputation on the web' by any means, though. There's a lot of good stuff over there once you learn what landmines to avoid.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
This has the potential to be a cross-board train wreck, something we don't encourage. I'm closing it now because I don't see how anything good can come from it. Dmccoy, feel free to email me if you want to discuss it; I'm willing to listen if I'm missing something.

Klunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads