The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
This always upsets people when it's said here, but maybe no gaming is better than playing with people whom you don't trust and don't enjoy spending time with.

You can hope for WotC to fix the issues for you, but if the root problem is a social one -- you are in a bad-for-you group -- there's always going to be another problem you want Chris Perkins to resolve for you.
"No, see, it says right here on page 9 that I'm having fun!"

Player: I want to roll to seduce the dragon

DM: OK, let me put my costume on first
Shades of What's New? and the running gag about doing a "sex in D&D" comic in Dragon. Which did finally show up in the Palliard Press compilation book*, and was predictably restrained to the point of being positively wholesome. :)

*Weirdly, it looks like Studio Foglio doesn't have a version of it on the store. No XXXenophile either, but they've still got Myth Adventures and Buck Godot. Wonder what that's all about? They sure haven't stepped away from carrying NSFW stuff, given (among other things) the Oglaf trades for sale there.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
It's more than a bit of a stretch to equate a bad gaming experience you don't enjoy with an abusive relationship.
Sure. But having to break from a long-time group, even if manipulative and emotionally abusive, is difficult. Not on the same level as breaking up from a significant other, perhaps, but it can be very difficult for some people to accept that they are in a bad relationship with their group and even harder to break away.

Remove ads