• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sun & Scale™ Campaign Setting

Oberton

First Post
Sun & Scale™ Campaign Setting

I am starting a new campaign in the Sun & Scale world and was wondering if anyone else has looked at their products and considered running something in that world.

I also liked some of their approaches for various issues I have always wanted to control or track... Below is a list of info from their online codex. I find the idea of Season Points and Timelines very cool. I only have some much time to manage a campaign and if they supply info on a timeline bases that makes the world come alive even better. I remember the Forgotten Realms use to come out with little news blurbs about events in the Realms, but it was very inconsistent...

Later!

Companies
A company is a group of NPCs that are loyal to a PC and fill a particular role in the PC's kingdom. A company generally has a leader and a group of followers, all filling the same role; e.g., a company of rangers will report things occuring in the wilderness region they have been assigned to patrol. Companies are the building blocks of your kingdom, and can often be managed much as a single "character" that can gain levels and company feats.
Settlers
Settlers provide resources and income to your kingdom, and begin accruing naturally as you remove hazards from a region. Unfortunately for them, they are usually the first casualties of border skirmishes or marauding monsters. Settlers will need to have companies assigned to protect them, and if the assigned company is not successful, the PCs may need to become involed.
Timelines
Sun & Scale timelines provide the events that occur in each season of each year, on a region-by-region basis, as well as detailing the effects of those events. These events may include natural disasters, weather patterns, disease outbreaks, ecological shifts, and the movement of large tribes. These timelines overlay the events of the game moderator's individual campaign and help create a rich and complex backstory.
Season Points
Season Points provide a rough mechanism for accounting for the passage of time, and generally correlates with the adventures completed by the PCs. Summers have more Season Points than winters, simulating the increased adventuring allowed by the weather and more daylight.

Remove ads