Stupid OA Question

reveal

Adventurer
In OA, it states:

"...beginning characters in Oriental Adventures may choose a single notable ancestor by selecting an ancestor feat at character creation . Ahuman character from one of Rokugan's great clans must choose an ancestor feat with the bonus feat allotted to humans. Other characters can choose one ancestor feat at character creation . Ancestor feats may not be taken at any time beyond character creation ."

Does this mean that non-human characters get a bonus, ancestor feat, at 1st level? Or does it strictly mean that a person, basically, chooses an ancestor feat at first level with the 1 feat slot they have available?

AGGEMAM

First Post
It means humans (and Strongheart halflings) can take 2 ancestor feats, while non-humans can take only 1 ancestor feat.

Human also MUST take at least one ancestor feat, if they belong to those tribes.

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Void Use

On a related note, the Void Use feat in Rokugan says:

"Void Use may be selected in lieu of an ancestor feat. Unlike other ancestor feats, it may also be taken by those who do not hail from the Great Clans and may be taken after 1st level. If taken at 1st level, you may choose an ancestor feat as well."

Does this mean that if I take Void Use at 1st level, I effectively get a free feat? Eg is the following possible for a 1st level human:

1st level feat
Void Use
Ancestor feat

Crothian

First Post
Re: Void Use

hong said:
On a related note, the Void Use feat in Rokugan says:

"Void Use may be selected in lieu of an ancestor feat. Unlike other ancestor feats, it may also be taken by those who do not hail from the Great Clans and may be taken after 1st level. If taken at 1st level, you may choose an ancestor feat as well."

Does this mean that if I take Void Use at 1st level, I effectively get a free feat? Eg is the following possible for a 1st level human:

1st level feat
Void Use
Ancestor feat

No, what that means is that one is normally limited to one ancestrial feat. However, if you take Void Use the other feat you get can be another ancestrial feat.

Remove ads