Stokerverse: A TTRPG Inspired By The Works of Bram Stoker

In Stokerverse, you can play a wide variety of characters as you explore a world based on Dracula, the novel by Bram Stoker, and hunt (or run from) monsters and NPCs pulled from not only that seminal work, but other horror works of the time, including Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Set in the late 19th century, the game will be produced by Nightfall Studios (SLA Industries, Terminator RPG), who...

In Stokerverse, you can play a wide variety of characters as you explore a world based on Dracula, the novel by Bram Stoker, and hunt (or run from) monsters and NPCs pulled from not only that seminal work, but other horror works of the time, including Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Set in the late 19th century, the game will be produced by Nightfall Studios (SLA Industries, Terminator RPG), who are working with Bram Stoker's great-great grand nephew Dacre Stoker.

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 11.13.09 AM.png

The game is on Kickstarter now with a delivery date of March 2023. You can pick up the PDF for £12 or the hardcover for 40.

In addition to the NPCs like Jack the Ripper, Van Helsing, and Frankenstein's Monster, you can also play characters pulled directly from the novels, such as Jonathan Harker, or create your own characters from all walks of life - clergy, psychics, doctors, and more.

The game uses Nightfall's in-house S5S system, which is a d10 dice pool system, and was used in SLA Industries 2E and the Terminator RPG.

Mortus

Explorer
Anyone have experience with the S5S system in play? I'm intrigued, but I haven't been into the settings they've used it for so far.
I’m a huge Terminator fan so I got the RPG for it via Kickstarter that uses S5S. The S5S version there is crunchy and tactical in combat (well suited for the Terminator setting) but it seems they have toned that down for the StokerVerse RPG.

The core game mechanic is rolling a 1d10 Success Die + Skill + Stat vs a Target Number for success plus 1d10 to 5d10 (number of skill dice equals 1 + skill stat) Skill Dice + Skill + Stat vs the same Target Number for margin of success. Failure on the Success Die + one success on a Skill Die is a regular failure. Failure on all dice is a critical failure.

The two groups I’ve payed it with so far have really enjoyed the Terminator RPG with its version of S5S.

Mortus

Explorer
Anyone have experience with the S5S system in play? I'm intrigued, but I haven't been into the settings they've used it for so far.
Here is a link to the Quickstarter for the StokerVerse RPG:

Remove ads

Remove ads