Pathfinder 2E Paizo announced Tian Xia World Guide, Character Guide, and the Season of Ghosts adventure path.

Incenjucar

Legend
I imagine it works like video games; they get initial the money from folks with deeper wallets or greater desire for that product, then everyone else can pick it up the more affordable ways a bit down the line. There are plenty of materials that I just wouldn't pay for that I own because it was part of a Humble Bundle with something worth some of my money.

Jahydin

Hero
When I see a book with a price of $80, it's well out of what I'd call my casual purchase range.
I was a bit taken back too, but realized that was mostly to me just not fully adjusting to how terrible inflation (US) has been.

Had to remind myself the last large pizza and two orders of breadsticks ran me $60, around the same price as what this book is offered on online. (y)

Jahydin

Hero
Also, don't know about others, but considering my book had an updated UPC code slapped over the old one, there must have been a last minute price increase?

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
Also, don't know about others, but considering my book had an updated UPC code slapped over the old one, there must have been a last minute price increase?
Mine had that too. Maybe a reference to the switch from OGL to ORC, if that switch is contained in the code?
It's a curious thing.

Mine had that too. Maybe a reference to the switch from OGL to ORC, if that switch is contained in the code?
It's a curious thing.
They announced their new pricing structure in a blog post back in October, which given the time it takes to send things to print and get them back may have been posted after this book was sent to print. It is nice Paizo has a range of prices based on the size of the book, so they won’t all be $80.

Price increases are kind of whatever to me at this point. I don’t like paying more, but I also realize any TTRPG company (including WotC) are generally not large enough to be immune to everything else going up in price. I know Paizo’s employees have all received raises as part of their union labor agreement according to multiple Paizo employees on reddit so if that’s a side effect, I am ok with that as well.

That all having been said, I think if anything this will drive more people to cheaper digital options. I know I mostly use digital PF2e stuff at this point, but I’m old and like my books still.

GreyLord

Legend
They announced their new pricing structure in a blog post back in October, which given the time it takes to send things to print and get them back may have been posted after this book was sent to print. It is nice Paizo has a range of prices based on the size of the book, so they won’t all be $80.

Price increases are kind of whatever to me at this point. I don’t like paying more, but I also realize any TTRPG company (including WotC) are generally not large enough to be immune to everything else going up in price. I know Paizo’s employees have all received raises as part of their union labor agreement according to multiple Paizo employees on reddit so if that’s a side effect, I am ok with that as well.

That all having been said, I think if anything this will drive more people to cheaper digital options. I know I mostly use digital PF2e stuff at this point, but I’m old and like my books still.

I'm completely digital with PF currently. That's more a thing due to my travel than anything else though. In today's world with so many having to travel so much for their jobs though, it may be that digital is a more attractive option for some as well.

Incenjucar

Legend
I'm completely digital with PF currently. That's more a thing due to my travel than anything else though. In today's world with so many having to travel so much for their jobs though, it may be that digital is a more attractive option for some as well.
The main reason I get physical books is so I can support my FLGS. Otherwise PDF with a tablet is more practical.

Remove ads