New set of Cleric Feats (Comments?)

Judas

First Post
I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread, so I'll repost them here:

Healing Touch [Special]
©2002, Chris Mungai
Only classes that can cast divine spells can take this feat.
Prerequisite: Can only be taken during character creation, must be able to cast 1st lvl divine spells.
Benefit: All touch based healing spells/abilities use the next greater die, i.e. d6 becomes d8, d8 becomes d10, etc. If the touch based healing spell/ability has no die component, then the healing spell/ability does +1 additional point (per level if applicable).
Special: This ability comes from direct skin contact. The increase in healing does not work if the casters hands are covered, or if the target is not touched on the skin. This feat can only be taken once.

Blessed Touch [Special]
©2002, Chris Mungai
Prerequisite: Healing Touch, cast 3rd lvl divine spells.
Benefit: Target touched falls under the effect of a Bless, a Cure Disease, and Neutralize Poison spells (Saving throws where applicable).
Special: Once per target per month (max # of touches per day = level of divine spellcaster). This ability follows all the restrictions its prerequisite has.

Withering Touch [Special]
©2002, Chris Mungai
Prerequisite: Can only be taken during character creation, must be able to cast 1st lvl divine spells.
Benefit: All touch based wounding spells/abilities use the next greater die, i.e. d6 becomes d8, d8 becomes d10, etc. If the touch based wounding spell/ability has no die component, then the wounding spell/ability does +1 additional point (per level if applicable).
Special: This ability comes from direct skin contact. The increase in wounding does not work if the casters hands are covered, or if the target is not touched on the skin. This feat can only be taken once.

Cursed Touch [Special]
©2002, Chris Mungai
Prerequisite: Withering Touch, cast 3rd lvl divine spells.
Benefit:Target touched falls under the effect of a Bane and Cause Disease spell, and the effects of being Poisoned (Saving throws where applicable).
Special: Once per target per month (max # of touches per day = level of divine spellcaster). This ability follows all the restrictions its prerequisite has.

I still have to determine the poison type for cursed touch, but it will most likely be a decently weak one. (Meaning "no save or die" types) What do you guys think? Too powerful/unbalanced?

Last edited:

DreamChaser

Explorer
they look interesting...one thing though. they would not be metamagic. Metamagic feats involve changing spells as they are prepared or cast. These would be General, Exclusive feats.

Last edited:

Judas

First Post
Ah, your right. I was used to the 2nd Edition idea of Metamagics from Tome of Magic. Ok, I've edited it, and as per the PH descriptions I found it wouldn't fall under general, because my intent was not to let just any class take these, but divine spellcasters mainly being the Paladin and Cleric. So I changed them to [Special], like weapon specialization and spell mastery.

Remove ads