• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New class: The Mimic

TheFlamingRheo

First Post
First of all Gamecat needs to lighten up and let in new core classes. But getting back to the matter I think one restriction that should apply is that if they ever speak they lose all their abilities for the day, well there ability does say miming, but the only time they should be aloud to talk is while they under their copycat ability. Also, you should look at the mime from the FFtactics coversion.

Xerxal

First Post
I do like the concept quite a bit, but this seems terribly overpowered for a core class. So I'll offer my opinion where I can.

If I were going to add a class like this to my campaign, I would throw in a bunch of hits to his "self" and make his only real power that groovy mimic ability. Thus, I would take out the whole fool's luck thing. It just screams "Single level munchkinize me!"

I think Phantom is really cool, though it needs some restrictions. Maybe if it gave you increasing powers/level, but started at a lower level. Like, 6th lv: Copy any transmutation or illusion spell up to 2nd level as a force spell. 8th level any trans or illusion spell up to 3rd level etc. But I'm still not too sure how well that would work; just throwing a idea out on the field.

Also, make Use Magic Device a class skill, the emulation thing fits this class well. :D

Remove ads