• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC New BG3 Picture

Is that within a nautiloid ships?

Since time ago I am saying WotC has got plans about vehicles in D&D because they want to launch Spelljammer as multimedia franchise. But they need a lot of betatesting about leveling up and earning XPs with castle sieges, mass and ship battles. Later they would try a reboot of Gamma World.

gyor

Legend
Is that within a nautiloid ships?

Since time ago I am saying WotC has got plans about vehicles in D&D because they want to launch Spelljammer as multimedia franchise. But they need a lot of betatesting about leveling up and earning XPs with castle sieges, mass and ship battles. Later they would try a reboot of Gamma World.

Yes it's in a Nautiloid Ship.

Since time ago I am saying WotC has got plans about vehicles in D&D because they want to launch Spelljammer as multimedia franchise.

This seems like a massive leap. They haven't even been able to launch D&D as a "multimedia franchise" in a particularly successful way (books/comic books, sure, but games have had limited success, and films/TV even less), and you think we're going to see a particularly risible, dated and silly fantasy setting become a "multimedia franchise"? It's a little hard to picture.

I'm sure they intend to bring back Spelljammer as a setting at some point, because it fits well with a lot of stuff and potentially "bolts on" to other campaigns well, but as a "multimedia franchise"?

gyor

Legend
This seems like a massive leap. They haven't even been able to launch D&D as a "multimedia franchise" in a particularly successful way (books/comic books, sure, but games have had limited success, and films/TV even less), and you think we're going to see a particularly risible, dated and silly fantasy setting become a "multimedia franchise"? It's a little hard to picture.

I'm sure they intend to bring back Spelljammer as a setting at some point, because it fits well with a lot of stuff and potentially "bolts on" to other campaigns well, but as a "multimedia franchise"?

Guardians. Of. The. Galaxy. mic drop

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads