• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Homebrew More Savant and Artificer Archetype Ideas

xiphumor

Legend
The Savant and Artificer are the two classes least likely to gain new archetypes, which is understandable, but a shame because there’s so
much unexplored potential in these classes! As someone who loves to homebrew, I’m trying to think of good concepts to build on, and I wanted to see what other ideas people had.

Maybe a Weaver Artificer or a Chessmaster Savant?

I don't have the Savant class so I can't speak to it, but for the Artificer I would like to see a tinkerer type that could build limited use gizmos for specific situations.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Architect/Sapper - able to manipulate the terrain, setting up defensive walls and ‘bunkers’, digging pits, opening doors/gates, collapsing buildings, laying mines and setting traps

Bomberman - the old alchemist bomber

Toymaker - Old Gepetto the crafter of creepy dolls

Automan - a Vehicle Mechanic building horseless carriages and velocipedes

AeroMechanic - someones got to keep the airship flying

Rigger - Macguyver, able to juryrig any tool from random objects

Grafter - Frankenstein/Dr Moreau crafting living flesh

Last edited:

Faolyn

(she/her)
The EN5ider had a few archetypes for Savant that could stand to be turned into LU archetypes. It also had Alchemist and Tinker classes that could be raided for Artificer archetypes.

Remove ads