• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monks with natural weapons

Garmorn

Explorer
I have a player who is going to play a half dragon monk in a dragonstar campain. I need to make sure I am doing this right.
The question is which of the following is correct:

Monk damage replaces the damage from natural weapons

Take the better of the 2 (This is what I ruled)

Use the total from both.

Thanks for the help.I

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Take the better of the two, but allow them to do their monk damage with their claws if they wish. (This allows them to do Slashing/Piercing damage instead of Bludgeoning if they wish.)

Jeremy

Explorer
Sword and Fist has an example troll monk and a section on monstrous monks you may wish to read.

Then again, Sword and Fist was their first attempt at a splatbook and wasn't edited very well and they haven't reprinted it with all the errata, so you may just want to listen to Caliban. He knows his stuff.

Garmorn

Explorer
Thanks

Jeremy said:
Sword and Fist has an example troll monk and a section on monstrous monks you may wish to read.

Then again, Sword and Fist was their first attempt at a splatbook and wasn't edited very well and they haven't reprinted it with all the errata, so you may just want to listen to Caliban. He knows his stuff.

Since I don't own Sword and Fist and trust Caliban more then the Sage I will go with Calibans ruling.:D

Remove ads