Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [OOC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Knightfall I may have applied the bloodline levels wrong

From the bloodline page: The character doesn't gain any abilities, spells known, or spells per day from the addition of his bloodline levels, though—only the calculations of his level-based abilities are affected.
This is critical part that doesn't include casters:
the stunning attacks of a 3rd-level monk with one bloodline level have a save DC equal to 12 (10 + one-half class level) plus her Wisdom modifier, since the bloodline level is treated as if it were a monk class level when calculating the save DC. A 3rd-level monk/3rd-level sorcerer with two bloodline levels would be treated as a 5th-level spellcaster and a 5th-level monk for determining level-based abilities.

The examples given are all for caster level DC and such so I ignored it...but level-based abilities are my beast companion abilities. I was reading it again checking that levitate power for limitations.
I still don't get 5th level second companion...but my existing companion should (I think) have the abilities of 6th level adept (4 levels + 2 bloodline) - which would make Spritewing 8HD creature...

If this reading is correct, could we, pretty please, have Spritewing "unparalyze" suddenly :)
I'm OK if he remains inactive, after all it is my mistake in reading of the rules.

I'll delay posting for a day to see what, if anything, changes
I need to reread the prestige class and see everything it says regarding beast companions.

Still waking up. Still need to have breakfast. 🥱🍽️

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@ScottDeWar_jr

Since we are not using Stone shape on the Wizard, use it to seal the hallway so we have time to escape!!!

That’s approximately 2 inch thick stone wall to cover a 10x10 hallway. Stone has a hardness of 15 and 8 hp per inch
A reminder that the floor and walls of the corridor are made of the same stone as in the portal room. The floors and walls are magically treated but not tied to the magical trap within the portal room. except for the western wall of the portal room. It that wall is damaged, even from outside the room, it will set off the trap.

Stone shape can/might work in the corridor, but the stonework will get a saving throw to resist any magical alterations to its structure. Phelix did have his Loyalists physically alter the corridor's western wall (the false metal door and small room *), so the walls and floors there are at -4 to save vs. any spells that might damage them.

It will depend on where the spell's effect is placed when cast.

* The Exemplars are aware of this room's existence, but the secret door leading to it is currently closed. Several of the traitorous ex-guards were hiding in the room when the PCs arrived in the labyrinth the first time.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round One [Updated]
Maggs, Loyalist Fanatic: 24 (double move)
Ting [psicrystal]: 21 (delays; flies to either Falen or Vitus after altar's turn)
Vincenzo (bless, haste, lesser vigor; weakened): 21 (casts flame blade from Lil' Vinny; and move action?)
Eeldai [djinni] (bless; weakened): 19 (5 ft step back out into corridor; readies action for when Loyalists appear)
Loyalist Soldiers [x2]: 16 (move actions)
Kellam Black, Loyalist Fanatic Leader: 16 (delayed; move action)
Falen (bless; weakened): 16 ⬅️
Custodio (bless, haste, lesser vigor; poisoned [delayed]): 15
(feeds lesser restoration potion to Tuck)
The Knight (bless, bull's strength, haste, lesser vigor; cursed): 14 (moves to pick up dagger on table; will pick up potion next round)
-- Weakened effect of bugbear cleric's Blasphemy ends on Initiative Count 13 in Round 3 --
Rockhorn (bless, benediction, haste, lesser vigor; weakened): 13
Vitus (bless, invisibility purge; weakened): 13
(casts sustain on Eeldai and the knight)
Gattas [prisoner] (weakened): 12 (stays next to Vinny unless ordered to do otherwise)
Akos (bless): 12 (healing blast)
Cassara, Loyalist Fanatic: 8
Kefax Fetolsson, Loyalist Commander: 8

Tuck (bless, haste): 7 (gets up from prone; drinks healing potion)
Tymbeck (bless, haste, protection from fire; poisoned [?], weakened): 6
Living Altar [construct]: 3 (uses Overwhelming Mind to try to link Ting to Falen)
Lithia [prisoner] (unconscious): 0
---
Dungeonbred Unicorn (paralyzed): n/a
Spritewing (bless, haste; paralyzed [?], weakened): ???

===========================================
Character's weakened from the bugbear's blasphemy regain their Strength in round 3 of this combat. Round 1 is equal what would have been round 11.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here is a quick map for Round 1. The NPCs locations are as noted on the map and assume any movement noted for round 1. Let me know if you want your characters to start off in different locations on the map.

@Aust Thale, you're up for Falen in round 1. Also, Falen gets two rounds of actions before the altar mentally warns the group in this round. The altar uses its Overwhelming Mind ability to try to form the link between Falen and Ting as a standard action on its turn.

@MetaVoid, I still need to decide about Spritewing.

@Neurotic, I've put Akos next to the dead bugbear cleric since you wanted him to examine the auras on the cleric's items. Note that all of the Loyalists' armor and shields have auras on them. There is also auras on the Loyalists themselves. As I noted in my previous post, I'll get to the auras after lunch.

@ScottDeWar_jr, I've left Vinny in the corridor since that is the last place he was standing. Gattas remains next to the Sectarian cleric unless Vinny orders him to do otherwise.

@TaranTheWanderer, I'm assuming that Vitus can cast his Sustain spell and then move to touch the subjects. Both Eeldai and the knight act before Vitus, so she takes her 5-foot step into the corridor and the knight moves to the table to pick up the dagger on it.

Labyrinth Fight3-Rnd1.png

Here is a quick map for Round 1. The NPCs locations are as noted on the map and assume any movement noted for round 1. Let me know if you want your characters to start off in different locations on the map.

@Aust Thale, you're up for Falen in round 1. Also, Falen gets two rounds of actions before the altar mentally warns the group in this round. The altar uses its Overwhelming Mind ability to try to form the link between Falen and Ting as a standard action on its turn.

@MetaVoid, I still need to decide about Spritewing.

@Neurotic, I've put Akos next to the dead bugbear cleric since you wanted him to examine the auras on the cleric's items. Note that all of the Loyalists' armor and shields have auras on them. There is also auras on the Loyalists themselves. As I noted in my previous post, I'll get to the auras after lunch.

@ScottDeWar_jr, I've left Vinny in the corridor since that is the last place he was standing. Gattas remains next to the Sectarian cleric unless Vinny orders him to do otherwise.

@TaranTheWanderer, I'm assuming that Vitus can cast his Sustain spell and then move to touch the subjects. Both Eeldai and the knight act before Vitus, so she takes her 5-foot step into the corridor and the knight moves to the table to pick up the dagger on it.

View attachment 360921
Yeah, I think you can hold touch spells. Even when weakened, Vitas has 30 feet of movement so it looks like he can cast the spell, then move to touch the Knight and then reach the genie. It doesn’t look like Vitas can hit Tim with Sustain but he can get spritewing.

Last edited:

Remove ads