Killing the Cleric, bit by bit.

This is a hastily written draft. This feat is proposed as part of a larger house rule (forthcoming). I will slowly kill off the Cleric class. I seem to recall a parallel (sort of) Arcane magic feat, which I can't seem to find. If you know what I'm talking about, pointers are appreciated.

Faith [Feat] [General]
---------------

Prerequite: Any class but Cleric, Wisdom 10+, Knowledge (Religion) 2+.

Character is a accepted a follower of a deity or religion with status beyond that of a lay person and possesses a holy symbol (divine focus). The character will recieve food and shelter at any
of the religion's temples for one day per point of Charisma. The character can cast up to (1 + Chr bonus) number of Orisons per day.

[Notes]

DM can substitute Wis for Chr bonus in determing Orison casting. I know Wisdom jives with established rules. I like Charisma. Deal.

Last edited:

EarthsShadow

First Post
cool

I think its a cool concept. If this was done for all kinds of magic, then being a cleric and mage would be more like templates than actual classes.

The next step woudl be:

Theurgy [Feat] [General]
-------------------------

Prerequisites: Faith, Relgion (1+Spell Level Cast), Wisdom (10+Spell Level Cast), Ability to cast Arcane spells of same level.

Benefit:
The character can now prepare and cast spells from the Healing domain, replacing a prepared spell slot of the same level.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
The arcane feat I think you are thinking of is Arcane Schooling in FRCS. It allows someone to cast light, mage hand, and flare (IIRC) each once per day.

Remove ads