• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just want some input

Liquide

DEX: 4
Hoyas my first post in this cozy and nice art gallery forum :)
Feel at home already and I havn't even posted LOL.

Well I need some input on a cover Image I do for the FanCC, namely the netbook of planes cover.

Totally done from scratch in Photoshop and have taken me around 4 to create (including brinstorming), I wanted an old scriptum look and theme in this creation.

I also took a lot of inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci's sketches of warmachines etc ..., so I want some feedback.

• First Impression
    Well what was your first thought when you looked at the cover image?
  • What did you like/dislike about the image
    Well please tell me the details you like in the cover and which ones you really dislike, and also give me your input on why that is so.
  • What would you like to see edited/changed in order make this cover to fit your personal taste in a better way

Well think that is all and the image is here , looking forward to your input on this mates :)

Last edited:

UD

First Post
First impressions: I like the font on the word 'Cosmography' it has a very nice textured feel to it. I like the ancient paper/parchment effect.

Im probably not the best to comment on this, 'cos Im a science student, but I like it.

Welverin

First Post
Liquide said:

Georgetown fan?

First Impression
Well what was your first thought when you looked at the cover image?

I like it.

What did you like/dislike about the image
Well please tell me the details you like in the cover and which ones you really dislike, and also give me your input on why that is so.

Not so good an explaining such things, but I like the over all style (the da Vinci and much more recently Swekel thing).

What would you like to see edited/changed in order make this cover to fit your personal taste in a better way

Nothing, though I do have a question about it. Does the FanCC intend 'The Planar Cosmography' to be the primary name? If not I suggest making 'Netbook of the Planes' the more prominent title.

Liquide

Re: Re: Just want some input

Welverin said:

Nothing, though I do have a question about it. Does the FanCC intend 'The Planar Cosmography' to be the primary name? If not I suggest making 'Netbook of the Planes' the more prominent title.

Actually that is their logo they currently use, I just took it and remodelled it to fit into the cover.

Guess they would be rather mad at me if I changed ther logo mate ;)

And no I'm no Georgetown fan :D , just like to change my greetings from time to time to be more unpredictable.

So thanks mate and please let da input continue ;)

MythandLore

First Post
Hi.
I'd try to make the title larger and mak it stand out a bit more.
Make the border contrast with the rest of the picture so the picture stands out more.
As far as the idea of the leonardo stuff, it's a good idea, but you drawing is to simple, the whole thing about basing stuff off the way he drew was his ideas were overly complex which made them more interesting.
I did a quick skectch to show you what I mean, but for yourself try doing a nice drawing (with out using a ruler etc) and scan it in and use them, it will give your picture more life.
Also stop doing the little waves in the line, they should be more scratchy less wobbly.
I'd also make the letters in the picture larger so they are readable or eliminate them. (I think makeing them larger so they are readable or almost readable would be better)
Good luck and have fun, I can't wait to see what you end you doing.

Attachments

• netbookplane22.gif
    netbookplane22.gif
    186 KB · Views: 205

Liquide

The Burned Man said:
Looks Cool!

Are you doing the pics for Daemonforge, havent heard from you in a while?

Haev worked full-time on the d20reviews system for Morrus the last 4-5 weeks, will prolyl be more or less done in a week or so and then I can dedicate more time to my graphics again.

Nice to see yah again mate though ;)

kkoie

First Post
I think that overal its an excellent piece, although there are parts that I think could 'pop out' more.

Because you chose the parshment look (you'll have to forgive my poor spelling, its late) any contrast is less noticable. I wonder if the ink could be made slightly darker? Also, because the cube, sphere, and ring at the bottom have shadows, it makes the images of the earth, and the other 2 floating spheres, look a little flat. Is it possible to give them a bit of texture to make them stand out more? That or something to make them look more 3 dimensional.

I do think that you did an excellent job placing the text inrelation to the images and each other. And overal it looks quite balanced and lines up nicely. Obviously you can't change the logo, since they chose it, so your choice of colors balances well with the logo, so that it doesn't dominate the whole cover as much as it would've had you chose a differn't color scheme.

K Koie

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads