• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Illegal] Rangers doesn't qualify

Frostmarrow

First Post
The feat ambidexterity requires dexterity minimum 15. This means most rangers doesn't qualify for their tell tale special ability. Therefore, is the ranger illegal? Who will take this to court?:rolleyes:

Henry

Autoexreginated
I WILL!

The Rangers who follow the WotC core class were laboring under a juris prudence of the post ipso facto clause in the habeus corpus writ introduced in the pro bono ad hoc F.A.Q. file.

With this kind of legal precedent, not to mention the seminal Roe v. Wade decision, in addition to my obvious legal prowess, I cannot see how the Rangers could lose this case!!

Zhure

First Post
Virtual Feats are granted regardless of whether one qualifies for them or not.

For example, it's clearly labelled under the Improved Trip for Monks that they receive the Feat even if they do not have the requisite INT to normally have Expertise, or have Expertise itself.

This is explained first in S&F in detail (I believe) and then again in all the other splatbooks.

Furthermore, let me quote from the SRD:
"When wearing light armor or no armor, a ranger can fight with two weapons as if he or she had the feats Ambidexterity and Two-Weapon Fighting. The ranger loses this special bonus when fighting in medium or heavy armor, or when using a double-headed weapon (such as a double sword). "

Bolded emphasis mine.
Greg

shadoe

First Post
Ambidextirty for the Ranger is a virtual feat, and as in the case of the Monk class it dosn't need to meet all of/any of the prerequisites:cool:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Plus, popular opinion regards them as shafted, which will prejudice the jury against removing this ability...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads