• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General How often do you complete a campaign as a player?

As a player (not DM) how often do you complete a campaign? The definition of complete is up to you

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
OTOH dms or players who almost always complete campaign would see no need to increase pacing.
Or those like me, for whom "completing" a campaign is neither a goal nor an issue.

As a player, I want to complete the individual adventures within a campaign and yet always feel I can assume there'll be another adventure afterwards; i.e. that the campaign will continue.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think it’s more to do with people (and I’m certainly guilty here) look at the reported experience and just can’t get how this experience happened. It’s so far out there that the assumption becomes that the reported experience must be flawed.

I mean the original thread that spawned this on was because people couldn’t believe that not completing a campaign was a typical experience. That I only believe what I believe because I’ve had “bad luck”.

But when about half of players have “bad luck” suddenly my perspective becomes a lot more understandable. That I might push for dms to pull their thumb out and increase the pace of their games makes sense when I’m part of that 50%. OTOH dms or players who almost always complete campaign would see no need to increase pacing.
Well, take this as you will, but there are a few posters that truly speak their own language. I see them as the outliers though. YMMV.

Remove ads