D&D 5E Hardcover copies of the Chronicles of Aeres, a huge new setting guide for 5E, are now available

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
Thanks to all of you who checked out our setting! We have hundreds of copies of our book available for sale. Please check out our shopify: Dueling Dragon Adventures
And for the next week, our digital PDF is severely discounted to celebrate! The Chronicles of Aeres Setting Handbook - Dueling Dragon Adventures | DriveThruRPG.com

If you don't know who we are, we wrote a 360 page sourcebook for our own homebrew campaign setting. Inspired by classic fantasy with a lot of old school flair, but with modern twists. Thanks for taking a look!

IMG_0645.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Is there a preview and/or review around I can check out? The info on the website seemed kind of vague in terms of options and mechanics, though I can guess the setting's feel from the description.

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
Is there a preview and/or review around I can check out? The info on the website seemed kind of vague in terms of options and mechanics, though I can guess the setting's feel from the description.
Sure we have a full class chapter for download on our DriveThruRPG page; our Witch class. We also have a lot of videos you can check out on our Youtube channel including a class overview. We'll probably be doing more mechanics overview videos in the near future. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCedCahx-XHprI3arkbuntXQ

Beyond new races and classes, we have a few systems for DMs to utilize in the book, such as a way to limit the power of magic users by tying their spellcasting abilities to a finite resource called "aether" prevalent in the world, and also we have a library of runestones that players can try to tap into for various effects during gameplay. We also have a Tarot deck with a similar effect, and a "divine favor" system to replace or supplement the inspiration system, this time by granting you the influence of the gods for a minor bonus if done correctly.

I want to emphasize that Aeres is not a "rules first" book, necessarily. Everything, even racial abilities, has a ton of flavor and lore written into it, and most of the book is designed to flesh out the overall story and flavor of the setting, rather than drill too heavily into new mechanics (although they are present.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases