• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Handbook of Heritages: Now Available for Sale!

Very interested in this!
Question: how compatible is this material with Homebrew and hacking: Crafting Heritages and Cultures?
did some math for the centaur...not even a little lol. the first 2 gifts were about 12 points, the last was about 13, and the optional gift the DM can give alongside a regular heritage gift is another approximately 9 points (there's a lot of guessing here because several abilities faolyn gives don't exist in ch&c, which makes sense). surprisingly enough the base centaur is exactly 6 points though. did not hold with the colossus. that was about 12.

obviously none of this is a criticism of faolyn since being compatible with ch&c clearly wasn't the intent, i just got bored

TheHand

Adventurer
...obviously none of this is a criticism of faolyn since being compatible with ch&c clearly wasn't the intent, i just got bored
Most of these heritages were created, posted, and tweaked on these boards back when LevelUp was still in playtest phase, so long before PJ's point-buy toolkit was made available. I imagine the Heritage Handbook was deep in the editing proof-reading stages by that point.

If boredom strikes again, you could conceivably find ways to adjust the abilities to line up better with CH&C's system for any heritages/cultures you wanted to try at your table. :)

Faolyn

(she/her)
Most of these heritages were created, posted, and tweaked on these boards back when LevelUp was still in playtest phase, so long before PJ's point-buy toolkit was made available. I imagine the Heritage Handbook was deep in the editing proof-reading stages by that point.
Yeah, CH&C came out when I had finished all the writing and art and was just in the editing, proofreading, and arguing with my mother over semicolons stage.

Remove ads