• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got my midnight Wednesday tickets!

the Jester

Legend
I'm stoked, I got my Episode II tickets for the midnight Wednesday showing!

I know that a lot of folks here are boycotting the first week- that's cool, but I suspect you're missing out on the first week of a really good flick. Supposedly Lucas apologized for Jar Jar, and that leads me to believe that he may have learned from his mistakes. Besides, I think that Phantom Menace was better than most people give it credit for (I like it, except for Jar Jar and the pacing- coulda cut the Tatooine time in half.)

Anyway, as far as how this relates to gaming- well, dnd that is- I for one plan to cull ideas like crazy from it; not that I use anything from the Star Wars universe per se but you can always adapt things. For example, I think in retrospect that a campaign I had with the clockwork horrors adapted as the main villains was heavily influenced by episode I's Gungan vs. Trade Federation battle in that a major theme was the organic vs. the machine. The pcs rescued a long-missing pc from within a Godzilla-sized clockwork horror where he was wired in; the horrors tried to invade newly settled lands, spreading strange mechanical landscapes where they infected the ground; etc.

Just thought all you skeptics ought to consider that the man is still three for four, and on the bad one he has the excuse of having been twenty years rusty.

Keep an open mind!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads