Goodman Games Forums Closing.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Discord is good at getting quick responses, but terrible for searching through and finding discussions on specific topics.

Generally, I find fans filling the gaps on Reddit. I can't remember ever spending any time on Goodman Game's forum. Instead I go to one of the more active, game-specific Reddits.

Anon Adderlan

Explorer
Not sure why folks are bringing up #Reddit when GG only mentions their #Facebook and #Discord, both of which are trash tier for any kind of coherent archivable discussion.

And outgrown my ass, they just don't consider it valuable enough to support anymore. Now to be fair the legal climate has made maintaining a forum extremely difficult, but they could have at least stated that as their reason.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Discord is good at getting quick responses, but terrible for searching through and finding discussions on specific topics.

Generally, I find fans filling the gaps on Reddit. I can't remember ever spending any time on Goodman Game's forum. Instead I go to one of the more active, game-specific Reddits.
I find Reddit even worse than discord for conversation. It’s great for getting a question answered that about it.

DataDwarf

Explorer
Registration on the Goodman Games forum as been broken for almost 2yrs. It is hardly surprising that it is closing at this point.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Unsurprising news, but still sad for me. I really dislike Discord as a discussion platform and Reddit is possibly even worse (all of this IMHO).

Discord is okay when you have a discussion among a handful of posters, especially using a Thread, but as soon as the numbers liable to participate increase past about six it becomes nearly useless, and with some Discords that's half the discussions that will occur or more.

Remove ads