Paizo [Golarion] [Pathfinder-adjacent] World Prepping for Rise of the Runelords - Savage Worlds

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
As has been mentioned previously, Pinnacle will be putting out a Savage Worlds conversion of Rise of the Runelords. I have a gap in my reading schedule and thought I'd prep Golarion in my brain beforehand. But I find I'm confused on where in the Timeline RotRL falls and what campaign book I should look at.

I'm assuming that it falls before the Lost Omens stuff of PF2e. But I don't know.

So I'm calling on the knowledge of the Pathfinder & Starfinder subforum: If you were to read a campaign guide/worldbook to prep for SWADE RotRL which book would you pick up and read?

Thanks for the help!

kenada

Legend
Supporter
Rise of the Runelords takes place in 4707. The timeline advances in step with earth years (but not to be confused with in-setting earth, which is a thing), so it takes place 12 years prior to the release of PF2 and “advancement” of the timeline (more or less just assuming the outcomes of certain APs).

As far as reading material goes, it couldn’t hurt to familiarize yourself with Varisia. There are a few books that have information on the area (Varisia, Birthplace of Legends; Magnimar, City of Monuments, The Inner Sea World Guide), but most of the info is in the AP itself. It’s probably enough to read the PathfinderWiki entry on Varisia then go from there.

The AP takes place in Sandpoint, Magnimar, Turtleback Ferry, the Storval Plateau, and Xin-Shalast. I believe the dungeon in book 5 is actually located beneath Sandpoint. There are some other, major places in Varisia like Kaer Maga, Korvosa, and Riddleport; but they’re featured in other APs (Shattered Star, Curse of the Crimson Throne, and Second Darkness respectively).

Remove ads