• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Fey Wanderer vs Drakewarden on multiclass dip

RoughCoronet0

Dragon Lover
Swarmkeeper would be good mechanically, but is going to be difficult to work thematically.
It wouldn't be too hard to have Swarmkeeper fit thematically if you lean more on you fey connections as one of the example options for the swarm's appearance is playful pixies. Maybe your time serving Iggwilv eventually manifested an ability to summon your own little swarming minions. Maybe they are there to keep an eye on you for their true fey master, or maybe they prefer you to their previous master.

You could also easily reflavor your swarm into draconic fiends of some sorts to better fit your connection to Tiamat. Maybe your service to the Cult of the Dragon and to Tiamat has granted you favor in the goddess's eyes and she grants you the secret to summon your own minions, like a swarm of pseudodragons or draconic imps.

ECMO3

Hero
I’m sure the barbarian will be happy to toss your kobold into melee range.

Failing that, have you considered EK?
Yes, I love playing Eldritch Knights (I assume that is what you mean).

On this build, 4 levels on EK is not as good as 4 levels of Ranger. I lose favored foe and the extra subclass damage (whichever subclass I use) as well as expertise and the abilities from whatever subclass I choose.

Last edited:

ECMO3

Hero
It wouldn't be too hard to have Swarmkeeper fit thematically if you lean more on you fey connections as one of the example options for the swarm's appearance is playful pixies. Maybe your time serving Iggwilv eventually manifested an ability to summon your own little swarming minions. Maybe they are there to keep an eye on you for their true fey master, or maybe they prefer you to their previous master.

You could also easily reflavor your swarm into draconic fiends of some sorts to better fit your connection to Tiamat. Maybe your service to the Cult of the Dragon and to Tiamat has granted you favor in the goddess's eyes and she grants you the secret to summon your own minions, like a swarm of pseudodragons or draconic imps.

Good points!

Have we missed the obvious? Hunter colossus slayer gets 1d8 per round with the easy to meet requirement that the target must be damaged. And nothing that is difficult to fit to the backstory.

Remove ads