• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Campaign transportability?

mabreaux

First Post
I currently use RPM on both my laptop and desktop computers. I design on the desktop all aspects of the game and would like to move them over to the laptop for use in the game. Is there an easy way to do this? If so how... The export campaign does not seem to be working, every time I try it I get a database error, and it does not ask where I wish to back the campaign to. My players use PCGen to generate their characters, is there a way to import them into the program. Help...

Michael

Last edited:

Luke

Explorer
mabreaux said:
I currently use RPM on both my laptop and desktop computers. I design on the desktop all aspects of the game and would like to move them over to the laptop for use in the game. Is there an easy way to do this? If so how... The export campaign does not seem to be working, every time I try it I get a database error, and it does not ask where I wish to back the campaign to. My players use PCGen to generate their characters, is there a way to import them into the program. Help...

Michael
I'm not sure what you mean by "campaign". RPM does allow you to backup an "Adventure" with creatures, or just the creatures.

- You don't actually specify a destination, since, the backup/restore is just to preserve your personal creatures/adventure between release updates. First you backup, then update the system, then restore.

- This current situation is nowhere near the full export/import planned, where you can select that information, plus lots of others. A good example would be to export the "Netbook sources" (all the feats, classes, items etc), and then import them into another system.

- To transfer your information between computers, simply backup all files in your "db" sub-directory, and copy them to the other computer.

- Sorry to hear about your database error. I'll check it before the next release.

- PCGen support is definitely planned. The problem is a big one, since RPM is primarily a giant calculation machine, and needs to know about the mechanics behind the feats, skills, classes etc that imported PCGen characters may have. RPM only has the non-copyright information in it, so I would need to do a full "Sources" import of PCGen, along with the actual characters.

Regards,

Remove ads