• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are the $30 Core books the 3rd printing??

Telor

First Post
I want a new book since my 1st printing has about 2HPs... For some reason the glue holding the binding didn't last... It wouldn't have anything to do with me actually using it for the past year+, would it?

-Telor

TalonComics

First Post
Sheesh, if I were here earlier I could have answered this one. ;)

Here's the current situation with my distributor:
They currently have shelf stock of the pre-price change corebooks and have been trying to decide whether to up the price or leave them as is. As far as I've been ordering the price did *NOT* change on Jan. 1st like originally stated because of the shelf stock. However, I haven't priced corebooks direct from Wizards and as far as I know they raised the prices.

I have heard info from inside sources that the next prints have been proofed but not printed due to shelf stock still in the way. As Anthony said there is no telling when that may occur although I'm speculating it could be by this summer or earlier. I will post when I hear something more substantial.

In my opinion though I think it is total BS to up the price on books that are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. A price increase should *ONLY* be considered when the next printing is available. Anything else is just an attempt to makes some extra bucks.

I refuse to mark up the corebooks until I absolutely have to.
Talon's Corebook Page

Your humble game enthusiast,
~Derek

techno

Explorer
TalonComics said:
In my opinion though I think it is total BS to up the price on books that are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. A price increase should *ONLY* be considered when the next printing is available. Anything else is just an attempt to makes some extra bucks.

Well said. It seems like a poorly conceived and executed strategy on WotC's part IMHO.

Pale

First Post
Look, the price isn't 'going up' it's going to where it should have been for the past year. No one is getting swindled out of any money. They kept the price low for a year for their base sales audience and then when they bump the price up to what it should be they take flack for it?

C'mon, people.

TalonComics

First Post
Actually, yes, in a way, there is a swindling going on. Wizards wants to take books that have been paid for at the printers and have been sitting on a shelf for a while, slap a sticker on them with a different bar code and up the price. There's no reason for it other than to add 10 bucks to the price. That's it.

I don't have a problem with increasing the price on a new print run of books as obviously Wizards isn't going to print the same numbers they did previously and, in theory, these would be new errata'd printings. Like I said, that's perfectly fine.

~Derek

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
I agree with Talon.

It would be different if WotC had a sale sticker on the original print run of $19.99, or "Limited Time Offer!" as a sticker.

But they didn't.

It was PUBLISHED at that price, and it's a whole nother deal to just slap a new price on a published item just to get more $$$.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads